edited May 2022 in Non-Boating Related
Blah
Post edited by rasbury on

Comments

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wish you a speedy recovery Ras.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too...sitting at home does not pay well.
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    Hope your well soon I had it for 3 days my wife got it bad it was three weeks for her 
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully doesn't hit you too bad. The KEY is sleep, you will need lots of it. DO NOT push yourself. It's soooo hard not to, you feel like ... aghhh I got this, no problem, and then you are wiped at the end of the day ... just get LOTS of sleep, for me I noticed when I got it, I was recovering, when I did not have a good sleep, it was like taking 3 steps back. I took ZzzQuil to help me sleep, and also muscle/headache meds (I think Tylenol).

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get well soon @rasbury
    2008 330EC
  • mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭
    Got me too Ras on Apr 21st.

Went over to help lift up my 84 yr old Dad. He had fallen at their house after a bunch of cancer treatments. He was weak.....
    (turns out weak from CV19 - figure he got it earlier at the cancer treatment ctr)

Went through the whole family. I still have a cough 4 weeks later. Up at the office trying not to cough right now.....FFS.

Fortunately, everybody came thru ok. Thanks for the memories Wuhan.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • mbnarneymbnarney Member Posts: 105 ✭✭
    Good luck, If the Gov is still offering the Regeneron treatments up that way. Get them. I was better in about 3 days after getting mine. Regardless feel well soon!
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    hope you get well soon Ras.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Feel better soon Ras
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

This ain't no friggin cold I can tell you that. I have never had chills like that, it was painful on its own. Not a cold...sever flue maybe but not a cold.
    MarkB said:
    Hopefully doesn't hit you too bad. The KEY is sleep, you will need lots of it. DO NOT push yourself. It's soooo hard not to, you feel like ... aghhh I got this, no problem, and then you are wiped at the end of the day ... just get LOTS of sleep, for me I noticed when I got it, I was recovering, when I did not have a good sleep, it was like taking 3 steps back. I took ZzzQuil to help me sleep, and also muscle/headache meds (I think Tylenol).
    You ste correct..was feeling better this am I went out to brush the pool for the kids and did not last long...got dizzy too which never happened to me before, at least sober.  I tried to convince the wife I should quarantine on the boat for a few days but that went no where.

I am holed up in our room and have been all week. I'm concerned the grand daughter gets it...would put her in the hospital I'm sure.

Working on lots of sleep- and I get to watch the old bat Masterson and Wyatt erp westerns..making lemonade!
    Thanks all-
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    are you taking anything they prescribed my fife some antibiotic after week 2 that seemed to get her over it 
  • boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 797 ✭✭✭
    Me and my wife had it about 1 year ago then my 71 year old mother had it a few weeks ago. Luckily for all of us it was pretty mild. 2 of our kids have had it too. Oddly, my mother was on a cruise with my step-father and another couple they were friends with. They all rode back 6 hours from Baltimore in the same vehicle and 2 days later my mother was feeling sick. The other 3 all got tested and were negative and had no symptoms. Weird how this works
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I had it in January. My family just showed up today after flying down from NY. They stopped in Miami for a bit.. I assume I just contracted whatever is spreading in NY and Miami, after hanging out talking with them for 3 hours.. here's to 5 days off from work next week! 
    It is crazy- lots of co workers have had it, some 2x. This is my first and FL has fought any mandates from the get go so I'm amazed this is my first...