Options

Headliner repair

GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
The hatch was leaking for a few years before I got the boat and the previous owner had it under a covered slip ,took the headliner out and the hatch in the fall ,the material in between the cabin deck and the inside cabin top was soaked when I covered up the boat ,but it’s bone dry now ,my plan is to drill some small holes from the top and fill the middle section with total boat penetrating epoxy with one of those big marinating needles you would use to shoot up a turkey with ,also what adhesive would be best to use to glue the headliner to the wood l was thinking contact cement or the 3M spray glue 

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The automotive 3M spray adhesive works good. If that foam behind the vinyl is in bad shape you’ll get mixed results.  

Did you reseal the hatch?  If not, use butyl tape!  

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't gotten to that yet .Im replacing the wood and new headliner material I just ordered some west system 105 resin and 206 slow hardener for the cabin top 
  • Options
    Dutch320Dutch320 Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Just did my headliners over the winter and used this 3m adhesive. It worked great, it’s been reinstalled for weeks now and holding good. It will take about a can and a half to do one panel.