Outdoor Home Speakers

aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in Non-Boating Related
We’re looking to get speakers for our backyard to hang from a pavilion and a pergola we have. What do you guys use and recommend? 
2008 330EC

Comments

• oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 729 ✭✭✭
    Klipsch outdoor speaker
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Polk outdoor speakers. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you guys use Bluetooth plug in, rechargeable or hard wired with an amp?
    2008 330EC
    Hard wire with amp
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    If it was me I would do a Bluetooth system and just plug into 110v outlets. Something like Sonos or like that. I would assume you are not throwing rager parties and trying to rock the block 🤣
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    Sonos amp and Bose 251 speakers
    Would I be able to have the volume up on the deck lower than by the pool?
    2008 330EC
    And would all the speakers have to be wired? Can I have some wired and some Bluetooth or plugged in somehow? It’s a pretty far distance between the two areas.
    2008 330EC
  • earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    check out monoprice.com. I have a few pairs of their outdoor speakers here at the house. I use a google chrome cast with my phone. I can control volume at each zone from the phone. The potential downside is that I use 3 receivers to power my system. It is a whole house sound system that is hardwired but the chrome cast (3 of em) gives me zone control. It was the most cost effective way to do the whole house as well as my outdoor areas. The sound is really good in my opinion. 
  • diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, with the Sonos system you can control each individual amp and wireless
     speaker individually through the Sonos app. The app also acts as a hub for all your music(Spotify, Apple Music, pandora, etc). 
       Another cool piece is the Sonos Port… it connects to your existing stereo and allows streaming access, volume control, etc. 
       Stop over and grab your paper towel holder and I’ll demo it for you. 
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    aero3113 said:
    And would all the speakers have to be wired? Can I have some wired and some Bluetooth or plugged in somehow? It’s a pretty far distance between the two areas.
    I would think that there would be a slight delay in the Bluetooth so having both on at the same time might not work. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    These are my outdoor set up connect to Klipsch speaker, plus bluetooth to my phone to control everything with the phone.  
    @oscar1 , Im planning on installing mine just like how you have it, up on the shelf under the ceiling 👍🏻. Will make it easier to run the speaker wires. I was hoping I could use Bluetooth for the opposite side of the yard but might not be an option.
    2008 330EC
    Yes, with the Sonos system you can control each individual amp and wireless
     speaker individually through the Sonos app. The app also acts as a hub for all your music(Spotify, Apple Music, pandora, etc). 
       Another cool piece is the Sonos Port… it connects to your existing stereo and allows streaming access, volume control, etc. 
       Stop over and grab your paper towel holder and I’ll demo it for you. 
    Good to know! Thanks Keith!!
    2008 330EC
    @diggin2day1 , hopefully sometime next week I can stop by!!
    2008 330EC
    aero3113 said:
    @oscar1 , Im planning on installing mine just like how you have it, up on the shelf under the ceiling 👍🏻. Will make it easier to run the speaker wires. I was hoping I could use Bluetooth for the opposite side of the yard but might not be an option.
    You have a long distances for a bluetooth to work, But you can try it 
    I run my speaker wire to the attic and through out differences sizes of pvc conduit to do a more permanent installation and easy to replace wires or add wires in the future.
    @oscar1 my yard just looked like that for my lights, trying to avoid that again!! LoL

2008 330EC
  • captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 199 ✭✭
    Costco normally puts there Klipsch outdoor wired speakers on sale frequently. Picked up a pair for our lake house last summer for around $140. Sound very nice. I am big klipsch fan. All we have at home.
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 199 ✭✭
    Just checked there site & don't even see them listed. Supply chain strikes again.
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
    nice job with the lay out of the lighting 
    I use the the following outdoor speaker.
    oscar1 said:
    nice job with the lay out of the lighting 
    Thanks!
    2008 330EC
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Polk outdoor speakers. 
    This is what i have. Theyve lasted 6 years through crazy heat and ice bone cold. No issues.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"