Options

Good news if boating into Canada

WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how they are dealing with the covid testing required to get back to the USA?

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    If I'm reading the latest information correctly, no testing required if fully vaccinated, in either direction. Visitors to Canada need to use the ArriveCan app to pre-register entry.
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Look forward to getting back into Michigan by water!!!!
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you bring us some baby food? I wonder why we are flying it in from Europe, does Canada not have some extra?
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad news if boating into Canada:

2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 739 ✭✭✭
    Bad news here too 
  • Options
    JakesRinker300JakesRinker300 Member Posts: 79 ✭✭
    cause science. I live in a border city and can’t leave the country because I’m not yabbed. Ridiculous. 

Willhound said:
    If I'm reading the latest information correctly, no testing required if fully vaccinated, in either direction. Visitors to Canada need to use the ArriveCan app to pre-register entry.

• Options
    Brother. Can you take my 300 over to the black river and filler up for me? 😉

mattie said:

• Options
    Apparently no problems getting baby food across the border in Mexico. 

rasbury said:
    Can you bring us some baby food? I wonder why we are flying it in from Europe, does Canada not have some extra?

• Options
    cause science. I live in a border city and can’t leave the country because I’m not yabbed. Ridiculous. 

Willhound said:

You can leave the country. Just more hoops to jump through because you're not vaxxed. And I don't say that to start a big conversation. I have friends and family who are not. Their choice. Just posted because at first they weren't going to open the remote border access sites because of staff shortages and cost but they now realize there is a huge segment of the boating population that crosses the border both ways, so now it will be available. Everybody be cool and do your own thing.
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Brother. Can you take my 300 over to the black river and filler up for me? 😉

mattie said:

Hilarious. Imagine Desmonds on Black River will be really busy this year. U.S. gasoline is still way cheaper than CAN gas.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rasbury......Ras - we wean Canadian babies at 4 weeks and switch them to beer. Yes, we have a lot of that. How much do you need?