Options

Wood grain dash panel rehab

Dutch320Dutch320 Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
As I was polishing my deck hatches I progressed into anything I could use the polish on (really just trying to stay on the boat for any reason and not go home). After polishing my gauge lenses that are acrylic also, I tried doing the wood grain dash panels, the results were surprising. As you can see the difference between the top panel and the bottom is huge. The vertical panels turned out much better than the horizontal ones such as where the compass is but that came out great in the end. All this was done with a microfiber towel and minimal effort by hand. The stuff I used is less than $10 last time I checked on Amazon. I’m still shocked at the results. 

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice @Dutch320 , throw a coat of wax over it now and it will really bling!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that is impressive results. I guess there are other brands of this also- mine is super "faded" looking and hard to tell the condition of the before compared to mine but that looks awesome! 
  • Options
    I tried to capture a good before and after comparison picture but with the curvature of the dash panel and the lighting it wasn’t happening. My panel was very faded and really rough to the touch. Now it has much deeper color and and is very smooth. 
  • Options
    I'm going to order some and give it a try..would you put wax on it to seal it? Do they have any recommendations?
  • Options
    6.20 off amazon, free shipping and here tomorrow!
  • Options
    I’m going to put wax on it as @aero3113 recommended . I don’t believe the company has any recommendations for this application as the product is designed for acrylic polishing but it worked exceptionally well on the dash. The admiral can’t believe the end result, didn’t even get in trouble for staying at the boat longer than I said I would.