Anyone know of a boat like a SeaRay 370 Venture...but affordable??

2»

Comments

• J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha ha! Yes I've looked at silvertons, not a huge fan of them.. the big bayliners are nice though.. just not sure I want to go that big. 
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    The Bayliner motor yachts start in the lower 30 ft range. 

But there is a 4588 on lake Lanier (I think that's near Atlanta) for 70k. 

Would be quite the tow bill!  That boat is a floating condo.  

Can you do what the guys down in key west are doing?  Toss a wood shed on a barge and keep it on a slip?   It's like a tropical bubble's.  I couldn't believe those existed but with the cost of living I don't blame them 
    The Bayliner motor yachts start in the lower 30 ft range. 

But there is a 4588 on lake Lanier (I think that's near Atlanta) for 70k. 

Would be quite the tow bill!  That boat is a floating condo.  

Can you do what the guys down in key west are doing?  Toss a wood shed on a barge and keep it on a slip?   It's like a tropical bubble's.  I couldn't believe those existed but with the cost of living I don't blame them 
    Ha ha, not looking for a shed life... Taking a look around today..seems like boat prices may be softening a bit. The 370 for 215k in FL is exactly what I want... the problem is it was worth 150k in 2018!!! 

Lots of price drops starting on boattrader!!! 

I love that old concord.
    ya, little big for me.. I really want a day use boat... which this 370 sea ray is... but just barely.. 

Also dont want to own two boats.. 

As I uncover more and more about it. If we weren't in this inflation crunch, it looks like the 370 would be a solid 120-150k boat.. which would be completely doable seeing as how I've given up on buying a house.. (completely not interested in cost and energy of maintaining one, even if they were affordable. Living in a marina with liveaboards hasn't helped this.. all of them owned homes at one point and gave up)
    What's 4ft????   

I'm pretty sure it's too small and too far away but on the BOC there's an 86 iirc 3270 Bayliner motor yachts for 17k.  New
     5.7 vortec motors in 2017.  Located in NY, long island I believe.  

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure it's too small and too far away but on the BOC there's an 86 iirc 3270 Bayliner motor yachts for 17k.  New
     5.7 vortec motors in 2017.  Located in NY, long island I believe.  

@J3ff if you’re interested and not on the island I’m sure I can find some time and look at it for you.
    2008 330EC
    Thanks, really looking for something with outboards though. I'm done with I/O or even inboards...I do have to say that the 270 appears that it might make it 12 months in the water and the growth on the drive is not that bad, only scraped it once.. so it has been proven that it CAN work...and is achievable..it's just not preferable vs outboards.  
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    I think I could do the live aboard...have owned a home for 30 plus...to many people, would need the titanic....