Stain on vinyl

aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
I keep my grill on the port side aft couch in the cabin when we’re not using it. The strap on it bled into the vinyl (must’ve got wet, I’ve been doing this for the past 2 seasons with no issues). It’s not bad (looks worse in the pic). Is there anything out there to get the stain out? I’m now storing it with a blanket under it.

2008 330EC

Comments

• YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave the cushion up in the cockpit in the sun for a couple days. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    YYZRC said:
    +2
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    👍🏻
    2008 330EC
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    YYZRC said:
    +2
    👍🏻
    2008 330EC
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Agree, our dog got tree crap on our outside cushions this spring. I tried all the tricks online (goo gone, mineral spirits, isopropyl alcohol, de greasers, mold/mildew remover….)….. did very little. forgetting about it for 3 weeks and not covering those cushions when I left for the week did the trick!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    EXACTLY. I had a ladies slightly wet blue jeans bleed into my cockpit cushions ... freaked when it wouldn't come out. Sun fixed it in about 1 week. Like, totally gone.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    We had this same issue with towels that have blue rubber dots on one side so they don't slip and they stained the seats. I actually forgot about it and I think the sun must have made them go away. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Around2itAround2it Member Posts: 3
    Use skin so soft directly on it and let it sit for an hour or so.  Might have to do it a couple of times