2006 Express Cruiser

Hi all.

New to the site.

Thinking of moving up over the winter from a 1999 212 Festiva to a 2006-2008 250 E.C.

Any thoughts, comments or advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Best Answers

Answers

• jrebeschijrebeschi Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the response. Love my 212 but we want to be able to stay overnight more comfortably.

Not many Rinkers where I live but feel the value and build quality can't be beat.

jr
  • jrebeschijrebeschi Member Posts: 3
    TikiHut2,
    Thanks. Towing is always a concern (don't know why I always have a slip) so how do you handle the larger beam?
  • TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    We belong to a large group of trailer boaters (many are larger than ours) and the beam on a 270 isn't really an issue since It's only a few inches over the 8-6" legal width at 9'-1" so I can either buy a $20 annual permit in Florida (which I did our 1st year) or just pull it, which is what I'm currently doing. If it was a foot or more over the limit I'd make sure to simply pay the tax/permit. When we were shopping it was pretty amazing how much more room a few extra inches of beam made down inside and in the cockpit for guests.

We use a tri-axle trailer w/dic brakes but there are others here who pull their 270 on a HD tandem just as well. I use a 3/4ton Suburban with a gas 6ltr Vortec which is fine at 60-65mph in Fl but I'd want a bit more truck if I was pulling where it was hilly, really often or further than 2-300mi. It stops in a straight line and pulls like it's on a rail so trailering is pretty easy once you get the system down and then every lake in the state (or further) can be yours in just a few hours......and you'll also have your own private apt. Have fun looking.

Good luck in your search. Mike

Here's our rig packed for Labor day weekend:

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl