Options

Lube Oil

Every several days my gear lube container is empty. I have a dead spot in my yard where I park the boat from a drip. This was not the case last year. Every time I add lube I get an alarm. Does anybody have any insight why this happens? Is my boat getting properly lubricated? My boat is a 260 with a Bravo 3.

Comments

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pressure test the drive asap
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a dead spot on your lawn, I would think you would be able to see where the leak is coming from. Check your bilge for evidence (would be coming out the drain hole and on to your lawn) and check the bell housing area for any staining. Also check your props for signs of oil, could be one or your prop shaft seals.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Prop shaft seal was mine a few years ago. With drives down it will drain down quickly and you’ll see it, when you not as quick.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Griffs_AboardGriffs_Aboard Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2022
    Had similar issue on my  Rinker 2013 290ec. Gear Lube would pool midway up the drive just under the exhaust bellow. Turned out to be a mini crack in the line that feed gear lube from reservoir. If the drive was up;  gear lube would drip directly onto pavement; it would not run down outdrive. Gear oil would last for about 3-4 days before dropping below alarm sensor. Ended up replacing line; while outdrive off may as well replace gimbal bearing, all bellows and shifter cable. 8 years it was time. All work along with replacing water pump was $2100 including tax.