Options

2008 Rinker 330 EC Anchor Storage

BmaggiacBmaggiac Member Posts: 19
the windlass is not working. I hear a clicking sound when I try to put the anchor up or down but no anchor movement. No access from on top. I went inside to see if I could access the anchor locker from below. I have a mirror at the front over my v berth but I am not able to see how to remove it to see if the locker is behind it. Any suggestions? 

Comments

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mirror is plastic and held in place with lots of Velcro. Pull on it until you think it will shatter and then keep pulling. 

Most of us removed some Velcro to make it less scary to remove next time. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Dutch320Dutch320 Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    I have a 2007 320, my mirror does not come off. Below the mirror there is a raised panel that is velcroed on that is the access to the windlass on my boat. I can get a picture tomorrow if needed. 
  • Options
    BmaggiacBmaggiac Member Posts: 19
    Got the mirror off and got to the anchor locker. Very small hole considering but I got it do.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

• Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    Agree, anchor locker is too small.  My Bayliner 285 was way bigger.  I don’t see a problem in cutting it bigger if access is needed.
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    The anchor locker is not a sealed compartment. It is open to the cabin. This pic is with the forward panel removed completely. Insanity.

You could cut a hole just smaller than the mirror and have a huge access. No need for an access panel/door since it does nothing. 

Post edited by YYZRC on
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    walkermarwalkermar Member Posts: 48
    I had a similar experience on my 280EC. i Was looking for a grease nipple which I never found but did find I had rope on the end of my chain which was good to know