Hottest water you've run AC in?

J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
Water is 92 degrees here and I've got an E4 error on the marinaire display... Picked a great time to fail! 

Comments

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple of other things to check also besides the water temp.

2008 330EC
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    at 92 degrees there could be lots of growth in there!  Just Sayin' (sorry Raybo, had to do it).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup... Will have to address it sooner or later... boat is coming out of the water on wed for a month... Will address it then 

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done the 92 ok but, my boat does not stay in the water- I did keep it in the water for 3 months recently and was concerned with the yuk coming thru the system. And in fresh water. 
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I've had it in 90+ air and water degree temps often.  My only issue was the output temps were not cold enough.  The hotter the water the less efficient shell cool.  

Before I switched to the 16.5k BTU ac I had freezing issues during the day because she couldn't keep up and would freeze.  I installed a sensor that killed the compressor when it froze, blower kept going to help thaw the ice quickly and automatically.

My new proper size unit has no issues....but it's also well oversized. 

Not a good time of year for a failure.  My new ac was ordered in may of 2021, took until almost July 2021 to arrive.

Not sure if you can plug your water pump into an outlet or not but when diagnosing mine as undersized I plugged my water pump to a drop cord.  

I then took a one gallon bucket to my outlet and counted how many times I had to empty the bucket in one minute, I forget what GPM my pump is rated for.