Looking for Rinker 330 EC for sale?

randallh82w8randallh82w8 Member Posts: 33
Anyone know of a 2008 Rinker 330 for sale in Ontario?
Or even if you have one that I could possibly view? Looking to move up from a 260 EC, and want to check out a 330!

Thanks

Comments

• YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motorboat/belleville/reduced-2009-rinker-340-ec-with-axius-and-skyhook-190-000/1619489458

I looked at that boat and almost bought it three years ago. Pretty sure the current owner paid about $120k for it. His asking price is waaayyy out of line but I will say that the 330/340 is a great boat.

Happy to answer any questions. I went from a 28’ to the 330 as well. Keep an eye out in the northeast US and you might find a good deal on one. Worth the hassle of importing!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We went from a 242 to the 330 (2008) and love it! Like @YYZRC , happy to answer any questions.
    2008 330EC
  • earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    If you go look at the  boat that YYZRC posted ask what the error code is that is active on the vessel view display in the photos from the link, those things will drive you nuts with the constant beeping.
  • SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    @randallh82w8 I plan to be up on my 2008 330 Thursday and Friday this week to do some work.  I’m in Clayton Marina.  I’d be glad to give you a tour.
  • randallh82w8randallh82w8 Member Posts: 33
    Thanks everyone - we love our 260 and mostly the style fits our style. So want to see what the 330/340 looks like and how much bigger it is. Our main issues are 1) sleeping - we are a family of 4, with an 9yo and 4yo - so need more space/beds; 2) general space when everyone is on the boat and bumping into each other.

@YYZRC might just go have a look at the boat for interests...but that price does seem crazy. What would a reasonable 2008 be priced at? Given boat prices are probably coming back to earth!

I would expect max $135k for that boat. It’s nicely equipped but high hours and it wasn’t very well maintained (mechanically or cosmetically) by the previous owner in my opinion.

I have the service records from 2014-2019 if you want to take a run at it. Not much done by the previous owner. Maybe the current owner gave it the love it deserved. At least the current owner polished the hull!
    @YYZRC send whatever you can! I see a 2011 in BC for over $200K...but yeah, feel like the price is a tad high! 

Private message me your email address
    @randallh82w8 we went from a similar length but wider boat (Bayliner 285) to the 330 and there is no comparison.  Your 2 kids can each have their own bed, and the wide beam (11.4’) gives way more walk-around space than a 8’6” beam.
    Spyderweb said:
    @randallh82w8 we went from a similar length but wider boat (Bayliner 285) to the 330 and there is no comparison.  Your 2 kids can each have their own bed, and the wide beam (11.4’) gives way more walk-around space than a 8’6” beam.
    We toured the 340 (same as 330 as I can tell) this weekend. Still found it a bit tight. We’re really looking for the back table area to sit the family (2 adults and 2 kids) and wasn’t quite sure this would work. Otherwise I think it’s great. 

Some how it seems narrower than other 11’4” beam boats?

Thoughts on seating the family around the back table for meals?
    YYZRC said:
    I would expect max $135k for that boat. It’s nicely equipped but high hours and it wasn’t very well maintained (mechanically or cosmetically) by the previous owner in my opinion.

I have the service records from 2014-2019 if you want to take a run at it. Not much done by the previous owner. Maybe the current owner gave it the love it deserved. At least the current owner polished the hull!
    Unfortunately the hull still looks awful. Apparently was wet sanded and polished this spring and looks very bad already. Is this a rinker issue?
    330 and 340 (2009 and up) are same boat.  The 11'4" beam seems very wide to me.  HOWEVER, seating for meals leaves a lot to be desired.  Our 9'10" beam 28' Bayliner was way better in the cabin.  It had a dinette layout, so 4 easily fit.  The Rinker barely 2.  The cockpit had a table similar to the Rinker, also barely good for 2.  But for the cockpit, that size seems fairly common in cruisers.  I think you could design and build (have someone build) a cockpit table to fit the post that would be more usable.  Check with @diggin2day1 on what he has made (or could make) relative to a more useful table.
    Once the gel coat is gone, it’s gone. My 330 was painted. That’s the solution.

The 330/340 and 350/360 have the same cockpit layout with only a minor difference in the storage space. The hull sides are wider on the 350/360 providing for walk-around space. It’s the cabins that differ. 

I had to build my own cockpit table to properly accommodate four people.