Options

EVC alarm

walkermarwalkermar Member Posts: 48
Hi all, has anyone had an audible alarm with ‘Check Engine’ and a red warning triangle ? Only seem to happen when going astern twice but then cleared. I am awaiting for an engineer to review the diagnostics 

Comments

• Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    Yes, but the only way to diagnose is to first review the code(s) that are being set.  In my case, it's an infrequently recurring Long Term Fuel Trim error (SPN 4237 FMI 0).

Mark
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    Thanks Mark 
    i am hoping to have an engineer to look at it this week so will post back on here the findings 
  • Options
    Hi all, I have had an engineer plug in their diagnostic laptop and when we recreated the fault, it didnt show up in the fault log. However, what the diagnostic log did say was that the oil temperature sensor was not working (reading -15). Volvo will only order the part with a part number so I will need to locate it first. 

Has anyone ever had the need to change one and if so where is it located/part number/

Cheers
    Mark
  • Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    edited August 2022
    Odd that codes were not set when the CEL came on.  In any case, need more info.....engine model number (preferably the serial number).

Mark
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    Hi Mark, engine model is D4-260A 260HP. Serial no is 2004011374.
    cheers
    Mark
  • Options
    Just finished replacing trim hydraulic pipes, both bellows and oil change on drive. Looked at the gear actuator cable which had no adjustment and was gritty. Changed it for new and it seems to have resolved the alarm. Possible fault remedied by cable replacement as the sensor must have seen it not quite fully in astern position despite mechanically be correct. 

So, a worthwhile boat out of the water but found another problem with anchor, it will let chain out but not back in so another problem to resolve 🙃
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,556 mod
    walkermar said:
    So, a worthwhile boat out of the water but found another problem with anchor, it will let chain out but not back in so another problem to resolve 🙃
    you may just need to tighten your clutch.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Cheers Dream in, will take a look 👍