Options

Problems with All American Drive Service in Michigan -- bankrupt? Or just terrible service?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For $6k I would tell him I am coming to get the drive and set a meeting date and time to pick it up. His reaction will tell you if he still has it or not. I wouldn't just show up though as the drive is probably gone and you will gain nothing. His google reviews are pretty bad and name him personally so he will likely fold and open under a new name. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    It's always easier to learn life's lessons after you have gone thru it. Unfortunately, most of us still have to go thru it to learn even after someone warns/tells us about it.  If it makes you fell any better, just one day (yesterday) of my "playing" in the market gave me a loss of twice that (I'd like to say that is uncommon for me, but I haven't learned).  I will say this particular one we will all learn from you.  Thank you & sorry to hear of your unfortunates.
     I'm currently dealing with canvas that none (all 6 pieces) of it fits correctly.  It didn't make sense to me that they would only use my old ones and not do any measuring (I even warned of shrinkage over the years - even though the old fits).  So, fortunately they are at my boat right now (with my son) figuring things out.  At least I have my old stuff to put on in the mean time.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    that really is a shame and a testament to just how fast a company can go to crap.  He did a great job for me 4 yrs ago and i dodged a bullet by trying to squeeze an extra season or two out of my drive i didn't get done.  Based on this i guess i am going to have to start looking for someone.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    FYI.  All American Drive Service is no longer in business.  They never recovered from COVID supply chain disruptions, and now a family emergency has forced the company into bankruptcy.  
  • Options
    captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 211 ✭✭
    Doesn't sound like a big suprise. Hate to imagine how many people got taken advantage of.
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, not a good end to the story. Paying in advance is for sure a red flag but I understand we want to trust people until proven untrustworthy.  That's usually what makes boat people good people.
    I bought some trim cylinders from sei and having some issues with- but you know what- had to pay for those in advance to get them!