Options

342 no affiliation. Killer price if trailer included

PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boat looks nice but zero effort on that ad!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He’s prob $10-20k too high on price tbh. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Probably a 20k trailer....if included.   Like I said...no affiliation. 
  • Options
    Not a very trailerable boat though. Permits for width, height issues and enough truck to tow it. lol

Doubt you coukd sell that trailer for much, certainly not $20k.  Just my .02 that trailer is a liability.  🙃

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    It would take some big stones to tow that boat as often as would be required to justify having a trailer for it.
  • Options
    I'd think the trailer would be amazing to have for winter storage or repairs/service work.  Store it in your own back yard or drag it home for repairs mid season.  It's 100 bucks to buy a sub 12 ft wide wide load permit for a year down here.  How much do you pay for winter storage?

Not saying you could sell the trailer for 20k but buying the trailer new would cost you 20k. The 15k rated trailer trailer my Bayliner sits on cost the po 12k back in 2019.  

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    I've been searching for a 342 all summer $89k is definitely on the high end.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    @PickleRick. Maybe if you live in the right area and/or have a large enough storage bldg.  sitting in my yard with a Michigan winter would have been useless.  The height might have been an issue too: trees, low power lines.  When I had mine I roughly paid $3k/yr for inside heated storage. Probably still would have needed the crane to launch from the trailer too.   At least by me, rare is not even close to normal for a cruiser at 30’+ to have a trailer.  

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Is it taller than 14 ft on the trailer with the arch down?  

In the keys and their skinny water you see 30 + ft contenders/other big fishing boats trailer launched near daily.  On Saturdays it's like a parade on HWY 1 seeing them head out while their replacements head back on.  

Our foothills mtns ramps with streep drop offs would also allow easy trailer launch at many public ramps.

Our hwys have 14ft min bridge heights.  Trees on secondary roads can always be an issue.  My 2859 is 30.5 ft long bow to swim platform, weighs 5 tons, 10ft wide trailer and is 12.5 or so ft high with hard top/radar.  I have to scout the roads before traveling.  Lost my all round light towing her home from just west of Asheville North Carolina not far from the Biltmore house.

I'm not sure about your area but yard storage is very common here. Not so much for boats but the metal carport RV storage buildings are all over. If your patient you can find someone selling cheap if you're willing to tear down and reassemble.  With the mass for closures about to happen...I think there will be cheap boats again very soon. 

Post edited by PickleRick on
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to be able to trailer my 330! I would only trailer it beginning and end of season and just pull the boat out at the ramp to clean. A friend of mine from the marina trailers his Formula 400 but he’s only a mile from the ramp. It all sounds good but then you need to think about the vehicle to pull it…
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    My 01 excursion is rated for 6 tons, it struggles towing that on anything other than light grades, I really have to watch my egts.  A pickup with 4.10 gears and stock wheels (I have 35s) would be a little better but not night and day different.  All the company crew trucks I maintain (3/4 to 1 ton) are 2020 or newer.  They are rated near 10 tons.  The 7.3 Godzilla doesn't seem to care if you have an oil tanker behind it.    The 2022 6.7 power stroke with no mods is equally impressive in an f450.

If towing short distances an early/mid 90s 454 2500 suburban is rated for about 10,000 lbs and can be had cheap for a beater once a year tow rig.  Or the biggest U-Haul you can find for the weekend!  
  • Options
    Not the best daily driver for most people. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    With today's fuel prices, well there's a reason my excursion never gets unhooked from the boat trailer and the VW is my daily driver.  I'd have to make 6 figures a year to daily drive a big diesel.
  • Options
    captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 211 ✭✭
    Know someone at our lake that regularly tows a 34' Four Winns cruiser on a triple axle trailer behind a Ram 3500 dully diesel. At least once a year they go from central Illinois to Lake of the Ozarks. 
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • Options
    captkevin said:
    Know someone at our lake that regularly tows a 34' Four Winns cruiser on a triple axle trailer behind a Ram 3500 dully diesel. At least once a year they go from central Illinois to Lake of the Ozarks. 
    To do business with Marty Byrd?
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO Marty is back in Chicago by now.....
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    Boat looks like it's in pretty good shape.....if trailer is included, $89k is really not a bad price......obviously need to see the rest of the boat.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    The rust stains under the swim ladder makes me cringe. 
  • Options
    rmfridayrmfriday Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    i tow my 05 342 with ram 3500 srw Cummins
    i have a loadmaster trailer that i bough about 5 years ago.
    it actually tows real nice
  • Options
    captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 211 ✭✭
    Nice looking set up.
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • Options
    The rust stains under the swim ladder makes me cringe. 
    Might not be rust but good question to ask.  We can't wear white clothing in our upstate lakes because the heavy iron content in our clay soil turns everything orange.    

My toe nails are stained orange even after a week snorkeling in crystal clear waters just a few miles from the gulf stream. 

Might be rust or just stained from washing off dirty feet/paws/toys