Options

Rinker 310 EC Swim Light switch?

oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 739 ✭✭✭
I have a switch with a label  "swing light" in my console panel which I cannot find what its is turning on or off.  I will appreciate If anyone have any idea where these wire go to. Thx 

Comments

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Wiring harness at the very back transom possibly inside the swim platform. There should be a small pigtail sticking out with a connector on it. I will try to get a pic today. Here is @aero3113 ‘s pic

https://rinkerboats.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/comment/129747#Comment_129747

I am pretty sure Rinker used the same wiring harness in all their express cruisers. 
    Post edited by YYZRC on
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    @oscar1 - Do you have any underwater/platform lights? That's what that switch is for.

This was my original panel marked "Swim Light" (bottom row, 4th from right). Should be same as yours since we have same model 310 EC...

When I upgraded my switches I changed the name to "Underwater Lights"...

If you don't have lights installed, then the wiring is as @YYZRC says so you can install some.
  • Options
    I have under water light but I used a different switch on the panel back then, It never cross my mind the swim light switch, don't ask me. I am going to look for the white pigtail mention from YYZRC. The reason I am looking for the wire at this time is because I am finaly in the process of installing an engine room light recommend for Larea and I read in the comment section that the switch light is not connected to anything in some model, so I would like to used the switch for my new light. Thx   
  • Options
    @oscar1 here is my pigtail:

• Options
    @oscar1 I used IP67 lights and tapped into the cockpit light circuit as there are lots of extra connectors in the harness. Blue wire with black stripe. 

I added a switch so that they are not always on with the cockpit lights. 

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    @oscar1 I used IP67 lights and tapped into the cockpit light circuit as there are lots of extra connectors in the harness. Blue wire with black stripe. 

I added a switch so that they are not always on with the cockpit lights. 

Where did you get those lights? 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Amazon but I’m sure lots of other options. 

Acelane Boat Light Marine Led Light White Spreader Flood Light Bar T-Top Deck Light IP67 Waterproof 12V 18W for Boat Pontoon Truck SUV Off-Road, Set of 2 https://a.co/d/bmFnG25
  • Options
    Appreciate YYZRC for the pics of the location of the pigtail and the great idea using those flood light in the engine-room. I am going to look for my pigtail tomorrow. Thx 
  • Options
    I think you should hook your swim lights up to the swim light pigtail and use your new accessory circuit for the engine room lights! 
  • Options
    YYZRC said:
    I think you should hook your swim lights up to the swim light pigtail and use your new accessory circuit for the engine room lights! 
    yes, it make sense