Options

This could be interesting...

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a neighbor a couple houses down. Sorry to say I don't know him better, I've been here 34 years, him 30. I figured out people stopped getting  to know their neighbors went they stopped building front porches. Throw in the event of a/c, no one in FL is hanging out front.

Anyway, the interesting part. Guy is in his early 80's, still gets around just fine. He is a retired sail boat yacht builder. I will have to get the name, but the company started as a sail maker and then started building and racing sailboats. Thomas something I think he said.

He is done with boating and said he had a bunch of crap he would give me...deck lines, bumpers..he had a 30' sloop of some sort so may be to heavy for me.

The Really interesting part is he has a diesel motor with a transmission all rebuilt sitting there that was a re install project of some sort that is not going to happen. I told him I could not take that as I assume it must be worth some bucks..if I get more info do we have anyone that van help determine a starting point? I know motors are still in short supply. Will be interesting to get more of the story behind him and this motor..

Comments