Marine air E4 error (high pressure side over limit)

J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
See the 2nd post.. 
Post edited by J3ff on

Comments

• J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose this is the actual fix. http://svdreamchaser.com/2016/06/cleaning-circulation-lines.html#:~:text=About every 2 years we,make it easy to pour.

going to go the portable AC route while doing this.. it's freakin hot! 
    Just in case anyone else goes through this. The overwhelming consensus online is to not use muratic acid.. people recommended barnaclebuster or something like that as it's a different type of acid.

I tried just filling the system with it, waiting 30 mins and flushing it out. That didn't work. What ended up working was right in the manual. Running the system on the hose for an hour... at first it still gave the E4 error... I let the hose run for another 45 mins and suddenly it was working...and has been for hours... so I wasted about 60 bucks on BB it seems.. big picture -> try running it on the fresh water hose for an hour first!   
  • captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 255 ✭✭
    Glad to hear  you figured it out
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
    Well, after running great for almost 24 hours, it's back to it's old habits. I suppose I should just take the plunge and use the real muratic acid and see what happens. For now I've got a portable unit under the table. Going to think on this one for a couple days. The odd thing is it ran great all day long, took the boat out at 3 for an hour, come back, plug into the dock, turn it on and here we go again.. it's got a 1200 gph pump (this is way overkill vs the 300 gph they say to use) that came w/ the boat. The tech did say something about how that could be causing a problem. It sounds like more water would take the heat away faster, also it's been like this for 2 years and working fine.. 
    But wait there's more! 

I lug a big portable AC down, turn on the boat AC while installing it, because usually it'll run for at least 10 mins.. and after I have everything all set and ready to go, the boat AC is still running...and has been for an hour now. 

Water temp at the bottom of the boat is 90 today vs 92/93 yesterday. That must really be it. The manual does say that at 95 degree water temp it can no longer cool. That doesnt explain why it was shutting down while on the hose though. 

No clue what's going on w/ this thing