Options

The source of water leak …air conditioning systems. Advice(s) please :) - Rinker 390 2006

Finally after another summer we got to the bottom of where the water was coming from in the middle of our rinker 2006 390, right under the floor where the water tank is. Turns out the air conditioner in the back had nothing attach to it to drain the water from the pan, so we will connect this one to the water holder where the shower water goes and pumped out. Then the second air conditioning at the front was another problem.  Last year we told the mechanic about the water we found, he decided to remove the device on the picture down below that is suppose to not let the water come in from the outside and just let the water fromthe air conditioning pan get outside. (The mechanic thought the water did not get out and this is why we were getting this water in the middle of the boat). Well…this year things got worst…we were on vacation inthe last few week and i noticed more water coming in at a certain speed….followed up to the source and finally saw it was the water was coming from the pipe connected outside into the pan and overflowed into the boat.   Any recommendation what kind of setup we should do our device like this one on the picture but smaller we could use to prevent this in the future?

thanks to all in advance,

Comments

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That device is called a check valve. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,554 mod
    The mechanic thought the check valve was faulty, so he just removed it instead of replacing it?  I think all you need to do is install a new check valve.  
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Interesting.  So, this check valve was in your air conditioning line?  Just curious why one would need to be there.  That area now seems to be staying dry on my boat.  I had a leaky shower sump box earlier this year and also had a very small leak in my ac line.  It's been dry for over a month now.  I have not seen any water issues from either pans on the AC units, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,554 mod
    @scousine - you said water was coming in at one speed.  Was that a fast idle speed, or up on plane?  If you were going 10 mph and pushing a big bow wave, maybe some waves were splashing up into the drain exit at the bow.  
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought I had that issue once in mine but looking it would need a big push to get up at least a foot into my pan drain. And the through hull is sideways to the flow.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/