FS in Maryland: 2007 Rinker 420 diesel IPS joystick

LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,534 mod
Spectacular boat -- and priced accordingly.  Diesel IPS500 joystick, oven, washer/dryer, looks clean.  Discuss amongst yourselves.  Maybe @Dream_Inn knows the boat?

https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/2007-rinker-420-express-cruiser-8468942/

Comments

• YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many they built with that powertrain. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Believe that is @Dirtythirty boat? Looks just like it…
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 205 ✭✭
    Nice looking Rinker
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I really wish they would allow for those forward beds to be removed in favor of a table and wrap around seating.. "living" on the 270, I spend 90% of the time sitting at the table doing paperwork, eating, etc.. that's why I love that sea ray 370 venture so much. HUGE table up front and nice a$$ bed in the back.. wish there were more boats like that! 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,556 mod
    Yep, it sure is.  He certainly had a lot done to that boat.  Someone is going to get a really well taken care of great boat!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,534 mod
    To me, the enclosed forward stateroom with island berth is a huge selling point.  Seating in the v-berth would mean losing the oven and two wall cabinets.  And look at the huge seating area in the cockpit!
    edited August 2022
    Only other comment I will make, as I've boated with a few 420 owners for many years, is you will really need to run your generator a decent amount of time when on the hook.  This is because you have a full size fridgerator and freezer.  It is great to have that amount of space, but that genny needs to run to keep it cool.  I love the recliner in the salon!  My finger pier that I share is with a 420 Rinker as well.  The cockpit has a third AC unit.  You even get the famous dance pole!

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:
    Yep, it sure is.  He certainly had a lot done to that boat.  Someone is going to get a really well taken care of great boat!
    Agree - he did some awesome upgrades and took good care of it. Didnt let anything go, always made sure things were taken care of. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one cupholder at the helm.  Deal breaker.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    To me, the enclosed forward stateroom with island berth is a huge selling point.  Seating in the v-berth would mean losing the oven and two wall cabinets.  And look at the huge seating area in the cockpit!
    It's a huge empty area.. with some seats lol.. 
  • LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,534 mod
    Dance floor!  :D   Of course the cabin has a table for the couch, but brokers always remove them for the photo session.  

I wonder how loud the diesel genny is.  Underwater exhaust would be a good mod.
  • goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    Dream. I have no issues with battery power. I have four 31 series house batteries and I have yet to loose my fridge. If I am doing an overnighter I will run the genny for an hour at around 8:00 pm and then at about 10:00 the next morning. I have not had any power problems. Maybe your friends have battery issues. 
    Goalie, good to know.  Both boats that I know (420s) just had to run it more often.  They both also kept a lot in the freezer, so maybe it was more out of caution.  There is a 410 we anchor with a few times a year and they don't seem to run theirs more than normal.  So, maybe it's not a big issue.  I would think though with the larger fridge/freezer, you'd be using the battery a bit more. 
    For you, having 4 house batteries, you could go a long while (I only have 2 and have no problem going 12 hours before running genny), so I'm sure that helps a lot as well.  I would think though it would take more than an hour on the genny to recharge those batteries, I know I run about 2.5 hours to get mine back up to full charge (usually twice a day on the hook).

• goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    Dream. I could be off on the run time. I really never paid much attention. The freezer and fridge have always been cold never any thawing happening. Having said that we don’t leave the door open staring into it though. Ha ha.  I find that when we are on the hook we don’t use a lot of power . Once it gets dark we shut everything down to eliminate the bugs so it’s just the all around light and the two fridges that need power. When we get up the next morning everything is still powered