Options

Toilet leaking on my 342

John41John41 Member Posts: 99 ✭✭
So I notice I had water leaking on the left side of my toilet, right under the motor. I took the motor off and changed a couple of seals thinking that would fix the problem but unfortunately it didn’t. I tightened up the screws all around the toilet bowl but still leaking. Doesn’t seem to be coming from the hose. Any thoughts???

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Does your toilet have this valve behind the bowl? The grommet it pushes into can leak, so can the valve. They comes as a set of you order.Also replace the seals at the base of the bowl. Hopefully, this is the same toilet you have. Excuse the filth, this is how it was when I bought the boat. Spotless now!!

2008 330EC
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Deleted
    Post edited by YYZRC on
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    John41John41 Member Posts: 99 ✭✭
    I don’t have a foot pedal it’s electric flush
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    @YYZRC The 342"s dont have vacuflush. It's quite flush.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He has a Jabsco Electric in the 342. John you can try the rebuild kit that gives you all new seals and you rebuild everything below the toilet bowl but I can tell you that is a 50/50 shot of repair. If you want to one and done it you would then would want to buy a new pump motor assembly. I chased the same leak for a while with rebuild kits and the new motor pump assembly took care of it. 

07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 868 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    @raybo3, My 342 is a vacuflush, I just had to replace the duckbills
     >:)
    Post edited by Grahamu on
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Grahamu said:
    @raybo3, My 342 is a vacuflush, I just had to replace the joker valves >:)
    There are no joker valves on a vacuflush.  Maybe it was the 4 duckbills you had to replace?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not aware of a 342 that had vacuflush?

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    @Dream_Inn,my mistake, duly edited
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Ok maybe slightly off topic but here goes. I noticed for the first time that after flushing my head that it would "bubble" just a little bit. Never seen that before (I have had the boat since 2007) so decided to change the Joker valve (quite flush). I found the joker valve part number on youtube and ordered one. Went to change it and found the old one to be a duckbil valve. I put the new joker in and it works perfect. So the question is, what the heII is the difference between the 2? Keep in mind that my boat has had only 1 owner before me and it was only 5 years old when I bought it. I could not find a duckbil number or duckbil that would fit from jabsco. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    They are really the same thing just a different shape. I think the duckbill has a smaller diameter opening has the vacuflush system basically macerates the waste by sucking it through a small dimeter hole in the bottom of the toilet bowl.
    Post edited by Grahamu on