Options

Miss Muffet's Revenge spider killer - opinions?

LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
I'm seeking opinions on this product for the War on Spiders.  On another boating forum, I read that if you spray the dock lines and places where spiders nest, you can keep the spiders away.  Anybody here using it?  Can you spray it on boat canvas?  Is it effective, and how long does it last?

https://www.amazon.com/Forget-803064-Muffets-Revenge-Spider/dp/B00FGIJXK4

Comments

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard Spider Ban is the best. Just tried it last week so no results yet. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    benvenuttiokibenvenuttioki Member Posts: 128 ✭✭
    Haven't tried it, but will! We tried the StaBrite stuff on lines and other areas and it helped a little. The ingredients are vinegar, water, and peppermint oil so we've mixed our own after the first bottle. Still looking for something to solve the problem.
  • Options
    Dutch320Dutch320 Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    I’ve been using Miss Muffets for a couple years and been very impressed. It doesn’t so much kill on contact but once you spray everything you won’t see a live spider by the next day. It also doesn’t stain anything or have an overwhelming smell. I haven’t checked in a few weeks but Home Depot had the best price. 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    @Dutch320 - thanks.  That's the sort of independent confirmation I was looking for.  

I'll start with the dock lines.  Years ago, friend who owns a tree business started making dock lines from ropes that have been used by his climbers.  He swears that it helped keep spiders away ... something about the combination of tree sap and chainsaw exhaust.
  • Options
    Dutch320Dutch320 Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    I think the dock lines and shore power cord is the main path onto your boat. I have close to zero spiders on my boat now thanks to that spray. Hopefully it does the same for you too.