Options

Serpentine Belt replacement cross reference to Napa w/pics

TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had a fit finding a cross reference number for my '04 mercruiser 5.7 serpentine belt. Mercruiser wanted $100 so I simply took the old belt to Napa and they looked until they found the match so I thought I'd post the number for anyone else who likes to have a fresh belt each season and save about $60 in the process. Mine was a Napa #061066 for $39 but your best bet is to just take yours down and match it.

By the way, check out the belt pattern decal that shows the incorrect layout for the belt replacement. Wouldn't that be confusing if it broke and your spare wouldn't fit right (you do carry a spare, right?). Luckily I'd taken a picture before removing the belt. Just a thought....Thanks to that pic it was a very simple and relativily painle$$ replacement. Hope that saves you some bucks and a breakdown if you're a procrastinator. Have a great season, Mike

And the super simple adjuster showing the wrenches needed. 5/16 boxend and a 5/8 boxend

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl

Comments