Options

That time of year

Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
Since I am on season two of no slip, I just started winterizing my boat. Grr... She is sitting on a trailer in my driveway and it's not looking good to get her out again. I got the water system done and I am draining the drive. I probably don't need to do that since I was out a whopping 4 times this season. Ugh. The drive oil looked brand new, so I am good there. Waiting on an oil filter and oil to finish the winterization. 
2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
Go Steelers!!!

Comments

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I winterized the genny today and added fuel stabilizer and took her for one last run. Haul out on the 15th. Earliest I’ve ever pulled out!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 211 ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Added stabilizer last weekend when we went out. Probably last trip out. If we are lucky 1 more trip.
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how cool it goes I should be good till mid to 3rd week of October. Docks out 1st weekend November and power and water off the week before but it’s getting too cool by then anyway. Not a happy time….

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weather here over  the next couple of months is some of the nicest cruising weather of the year. I was finishing up some cleaning planning a little run this am but figured out my sea tow is expired. The rain should be turning off which it suddenly does each year and those 70's and low 80's with low humidity.....this summer seemed hotter than most but we had a lot of rain keeping the rivers high for this time of the year..hope this pending hurricane is a fast mover.
  • Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    Next Friday supposed to be 60, sunny and light winds.  That will likely be last outing.  The last few weeks and 10 day forecast have been pretty dismal.  It’s time.