Options

Rinker 250 Fiesta Vee Air Condition no cooling

Peter13Peter13 Member Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hello, this summer I noticed that my air conditioning is no longer cooling. Everything works, sucks water and pushes it out through the thru-hull. Cal pump etc ok. Unfortunately, no cold air comes out of the blower outlet under the stairs in front of the underfloor. Does anyone know if this can be due to a loss of coolant (leakage) and whether this can be checked and refilled?

Thank you very much for Tips !
Best Regards from Cologne send´s Peter .

Comments

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    It can be checked by a HVAC tech and recharged if needed.

Even though you have good flow I would bleed the system and make sure there isn't air bubbles in the system.  Be surprised how that can effect things.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options

Hi, thanks for the reply .

Hmm... vent? How should I imagine that?

I took off the cover on the cal pump and checked the small impeller. I then replaced the filter with sight glass and the hose. After that it sucked in sea water by itself and everything worked. Only cooling was not.

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the compressor kick on and get hot?

If not, and if the AC unit is original to the boat, chances are it's reached the end of its life.  You can have a HVAC tech look at recharging it and the tech will likely indicate if s/he feels there is a leak in the system.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    If it needs a charge then it absolutely has a leak however the compressor could also be shot either way your going to need a HVAC tech to check it out. Keep us posted.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Thank you for the information. I'm happy to report what's wrong with the air conditioning when the technician was there.
    Unfortunately that won't be until next season, our Rinker has been out of the water since last week and is now in the winter hall.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the air intake also, if it has a screen or filter and it’s clogged, that can cause no cooling also.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Thank you very much . I will implement your tips as soon as I can take care of the air conditioning. for a test run or
  • Options
    generally they start, I have to go back into the water first.