Options

How was your Labor Day Weekend?

Spent ours on Richardson Lake in Northwestern Maine

Comments

• Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    We got out on St Margaret's Bay twice. Saturday sunny with a Northwest breeze that kept the waves below 3 feet. Sunday a wash out, Monday fairly calm but grey, some fog covering the surrounding hills. Went on a 10 mile run with my son where we tied up in Hubbard's Cove , chilled under grey skies then returned in what was now 4 to 5 foot seas, then rain showers, finally ending back at port on nearly flat calm waters. It turned out to be the best of the two days. 
    Going to the Norwalk CT Boat show to see about a bigger boat to handle those 4 footers :)

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks awesome. Love that Maine boating!

We were sweating it out in Florida where everyday is over 90*, the water temp is a tepid 87* and the humidity is still over 90% but our boating season is about to begin with cooler temps coming. It's been a soggy hot summer and we got 5" just last night right after I got the boat tucked back into the shop.

We had a great 4 day Labor Day weekend on the boat laying low in the a/c and under the bimini until early morning and each evening when we met with 8 other boats who'd trailered into our area to meet at a really nice local marina that we hadn't used before. It's always nice to discover a great find in your neighborhood.  Good company, the boat ran flawlessly and we didn't run out of ice ;) . All in all a great combination. Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Rain and more rain and even more rain............. Nuff said.....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    mambugmambug Member Posts: 24
    Did some fishing off the 260. Caught nothing spectacular, but definitely enjoyed the weather (if only it was cooler than 90* out here in Cali!)
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    We had a marvelous but hot hot hot weekend tied to the wall at Bradenton Yacht Club.  BYC is on the Snead Island Cut between the south end of Terra Ceia Bay and the Manatee River.  We were there 4 nights and had many guests visit us for their favorite beverage and to enjoy our air conditioned "salon."

One of our treats was on Friday, seeing and waving to M & K aboard their boat Tiki Hut II as they passed us on their way to Riveria Dunes Marina.  They launched at Cut's Edge Marina so they could not easily get to RD without passing us.  LOL  We should have taken a couple of great pictures but we had the cameras in the cabin where they were nice and cool so when we brought them out, the lenses fogged over and ruined that opportunity.

Tony n Pat
    Salt Shaker 342
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 5 hrs buried in the engine compartment working on my genny. lol.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TW, Great to see you guys too! Glad our a/c was working last weekend for sure!! 104* heat index today. Our turn for some relief from the heat is coming (sorry my northern friends but we're over-due down here now). Another 5" of rain right when we got home.....omg when will the wettest monsoon season I can remember end down here.

BD, that genny will have to behave after getting all that tlc. Good luck, My Kohler 5e has been really faithful but I hold my breath every time I hit the start switch after hearing all the frustration. Hope somebody finds the common link.
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    How I envy all you folks out there that are able to go boating in Gin clear water! Not the case here in the midwest. Any way, after getting the R rear brake caliper replaced on the trailer last week, we hauled the boat to Mark Twain Lake in Missouri. Invited another couple to enjoy the day with us. All during the drive, the skies looked threatening to rain(sorely needed here now, although May was one of the wettest in recent memory). About noon the clouds cleared out and it turned out to be a beautiful day, hot & sunny. Perfect boating conditions. Got back late Sun. Eve. & Monday took the boat to the local reservoir & spent the day with son, daughter in law & 3 grandkids!