Options

Anyone up to "speed" on this?

mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
edited December 2022 in General Boating Discussions
Just saw this article.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-administration-boating-proposal-would-greatest-regulatory-overreach-kind-critics-warn

And the 100 miles part? How is that even legally possible? 
Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
2019 MTX20 Extreme

Post edited by mvn on

Comments

• Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 739 ✭✭✭
    what are you going to expect from people without brains who need to be in a nursing home not in Washington
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    I like the idea to locate and tag 350  remaining whales.  We have speed restrictions now in the Gulf of St Lawrence due to collisions with the right whale. Generally loose a few per year due to entanglement  with fishing gear.  
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOAA has been out of control for a while.. this is just the White House saying something about it... 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And does anyone plan on an oceanic voyage? I'd say more, but I'm tired of arguing with the uneducated and morally blind....
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to take half day private charter fishing trips with air-conditioning for the family.  Patch reef fishing. 

Limiting to 11.5 mph will mean most of the trip time I've paid for will be motor time and in the event of a pop up thunder shower there will be no out running it.  You'll have to just bare through it like you're on a sailboat, moving at sailboat speeds.   Dangerous in some sea conditions when you can't keep the bow up on plane to cut through the top of the waves.  This would likely mean no more half day charters for many larger vessels.    

It will turn many gulf steam fishing trips into overnight trips.  40 to 60 miles offshore on the South Carolina coast on average. 

You can tell people who have no boating owning,operating or chartering experience have drawn up these laws. 

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it funny how "Liberal" governments want the most control over the people?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    It's really not the white house. It's the NOAA people. I have read about this for a long time before this post was created. 

While I agree with some things NOAA does, I don't understand what right they have to close down things and put speed limits in place.