Options

bow light question

I have an 05 FV270. Having a tough time getting to the bulb on the starboard bow. Got the screw in back off and the housing lifted up. I am assuming that the wiring harness clips in but didn't want to break something exploring. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Comments

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably connected with crimped barrel connectors and applied with something like 3m 4200. Pry and peel. Good luck and welcome to the forum. Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    rwirerwire Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    I replaced both bow lights with LED's. This is how I removed the complete light. Mine had two screws and caulk holding it. Like Tiki said pry and peel. There is a plug in type connector that has a small amount of slack. If it disconnects you can reach it from the access hatch in the cabin under the mirror. It's not easy, you need long arms but you can push the connector back up the hole.
    The new one's are sealed units so they should last a long time.

• Options
    reecereece Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the help. Will try when I get back to the boat next week.
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can get a look underneath from the access hole in the bow (behind the mirror) it will help.  The bow lights were sealed with a thick goo of caulk from underneath on mine and I had to pry it away from the inside first.  If you have a friend with NBA long arms, he'd be a help.  lol

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI