Bravo 3 shift cable

Changing all my bellows Gimbel and hoses but the shift cable is new. Is there an easy way to get the shift bellows over the end nut without pouring the whole entire cable? Maybe a lot of grease and tape to make a Nice! Tapered ramp? Bravo 3

Comments

• YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Isn’t the end nut (where the shift cable attaches to the outdrive) the same diameter as the cable housing? It’s just held on the bell housing with a 7/16 (I think) nut and then it pulls out and you can swap the bellow. 

Post edited by YYZRC on
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that is correct- I pulled my trans asy as I had a leak- one thing I screwed up on the shift cable...you have a measurement to set both ends of the cables in which I ignored. The result ended up being a little hard to shift into forward gear which prior was just velvet smooth going in and out of gear. I'm about due to pull the drive to check the coupler alignment and will get what ever tools needed to set both ends of the cable properly.  I can probably adjust from the motor end and get it to shift better but would like it to be correct and I need to check the drive anyway....