Options

new here

Rich_Rich_ Member Posts: 137 ✭✭
Just acquired a 2002 180 bowrider with a 3.0. Not my first boat but first IO. Still have a lot of vinyl cleaning ahead and would like to find some covers so don't have to keep scrubbing.  Hopefully if any questions arise someone here has been through it already and if I can lend any knowledge I will. 
2002 180      Eastern LI, NY

Comments

• Options
    Two of the others in the fleet. Headed to NY boat show tomorrow to see if can get a deal on a new engine for the whaler

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,547 mod
    edited January 2023
    @Rich_ welcome to the forum.  That's a good-looking fleet.  You'll find a lot of people here ready and willing to answer questions any time.

Are you keeping the 180 in the water?  I'm guessing salt water?
  • Options
    More of the current fleet

• Options
    Nearest water is salt (eastern Long Island). Plan for the Rinker is use it locally for a bit and possibly move it to a lake upstate. While here I will be pulling it in and out (excavator at my yard) or getting a high and dry spot walking distance from home. 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Nice fleet. Good luck with your new float. Welcome to the RBOC
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking fleet there- could not imagine keeping up with more than one boat! Welcome to
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Nice looking boats!  Welcome to the forum.  What size motor you looking for on the whaler?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    I'm a fixer at heart so the upkeep is not terrible. Also having access to a west marine pro account, lots of tools, and seeing all the fun the boats bring to the family make it worth it. 
    Looking for a 70 Yamaha. The last one almost made it to 30 years (and definitely not an easy 30 years). The 4 stroke is only a few lbs heavier than the 2 stroke for the same horsepower and weight is a big factor on a 15' boat. With a 4 stroke I should be able to cut the gas load (currently an 18 gallon tank) down to make up for the difference.