Options

Rinker 400 Swim Platform Capacity

Hi all,

Does anyone know the rated capacity for the swim platform on a Rinker 400 EC? I have an '09 and considering stowing my dinghy on the platform. Dinghy is about 11' inflatable with hard bottom and 20hp outboard. Call it 500lbs. 

The platform has three 1" stainless steel tubular struts. I really don't want to mess with it other than drilling holes for the davits. Any input is appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,554 mod
    @dlyman64 - you probably won't find a capacity published by Rinker, but there are folks here with practical experience to share.  @Dream_Inn - how much does your tender weigh?
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have about 750lbs on my 350 platform. Different style (integrated vs add-on). The biggest issue is so much weight behind the drives it definitely hinders time to plane. 

You could always beef up the supports. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Well, it definitely should be rated for 500lbs, even while underway.  There are a handful of 400s in my marina and a couple have hard bottom dinks with smaller outboards (20hp is really nice).  There is one in my marina that did beef up their swim platform.  They tended to like having huge dance parties, so they spent thousands and did it right making the platform able to hold as many people as you can fit.

I keep a dinghy on mine, but it is no more than 100lbs.  I've also kept another 50-100lbs under the seat on the platform.  

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express