Options

Railings/BBQ Mount

Hello All,

I just took delivery of an 2001 310 FV. I am stepping up in size from a 26' Chaparral. This boat has more systems than my old boat...so I am sure you will be hearing from me regularly...

I have a BBQ w/ rod holder mount from my old boat, but noticed I do not have any rod holders. Any suggestion on a new mounting setup? I was thinking the back fender railing (can anyone confirm they are 1" railings?).

Thanks for the help,

JJ

2001 310 Fiesta Vee

T-5.0 FWC Mercs w/ B2

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,836 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also mount a pedestal mount to your swim platform.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod

I used to own a '02 310 and I used a SS rod holder (still using the rod holder set up) on the back fender rail as you mentioned.  Just need to make sure the clamp stays tight.  I've had a whole meal (more than once) tumble down onto the swim platform.  I do believe it is a 1" railing. 

Welcome to the forum!  the 310 is a great boat!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey FB310, I have a friend who had a 310FV - an excellent boat! He used the clamp on the rail like Dream_Inn mentioned but he drilled a very small diameter hole right through the clamp and rail and put a cotter pin through it all. He put a couple of drops of light machine oil in the hole once a year to prevent rust but it never did. Like DI he lost a couple of meals onto the swim platfdorm including  four real nice steaks one night - the drill and cotter pin were on the platform the next day. Congratulations on a Rinker purchase and a great one at that. Welcome to the club. MT
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kept my Scotty rod holder mount on mine but also added horizontal rail mounts and keep it on my bow rub rail as far act as possible. Good place for it. I can BBQ off the dock no problem and while underway it is out of the way.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Capt RonCapt Ron Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the site flying blind. The 310 is a great boat and I too graduated from a 260 Chaparral to a 320 which is a very similar boat. I prefer the pedestal mount because the grease can be cleaned up a lot easier. I had the rear rail mount and what I didn't like about it , other than it keeps slipping, is the constant cleanup of cooking splatter on the stern. With the pedestal mount I just take the deck brush and brush it off the swim platform.
  • Options
    gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Hey JJ, 
       Not sure if you have a round kettle type or rectangle type of grill, but I mounted mine like this on my '04 290.  I believe it is the same rail shape as yours.  
    July16__028.jpg
    using these mounts
    The thing is solid when underway.  I did not want one that I had to remove every time I was done with it.  And, I get no drips at all from mine.
    If you have a kettle grill, you could use one of these off the rear bimini pole
    or you could mount one of these 
    and then use a rod holder mount.

And, I think my rear rail around the bumpers is only 7/8", but I am not positive.  I do know the mounts came with a plastic insert that you put on and then the mount.  I am pretty sure you use the insert if your rail is 7/8".  Good Luck.
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie