Boston Boat Show 2023

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
edited February 2023 in General Boating Discussions
Went to the boat show yesterday. It was better than the last few years. More vendors but still no big boats. More people walking around also but that could be because it's here for only 5 day's. I am in the market for an A/C but no vendors for that. I will probably go with the A/C @Black_Diamond bought. I also bought a cleaning package called Star Glow. Very pricey but should work good. All and all just a half way decent show. Nothing standing out.
2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
Post edited by raybo3 on

Comments

• halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    The Halifax Boat show was decent this year as well . First one since 2019. Prices are way up this year. 21 to 23' Runabouts selling for $100,000CDN. I'll be keeping the 04' 212 for a while longer. Good to get out and walk around again though.
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    @halifax212 a friend of mine is in the market for a Sailfish 245 DC. A freaking 24 foot boat and its price was $189,000. Not to mention a 35 foot Boston Whaler was $756,000. The prices are taking the "little guy" right out of boating....... Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    My son went to the Ocean City, MD boat show this past weekend.  He said it was all bowriders, center consoles, and pontoons.  No cruisers at all.  & yes, prices were up there as you guys mentioned.  I guess someone is paying it, but certainly won't be me.  I'll stick with what I have or buy something used.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But wait! There's more.....😆
    What? Didn't get any Sham Wows??
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We went to one of the big boat shows a few years back- was either Stuart or Lauderdale- and it looked like everything you see in the magazines- big yachts from Europe etc.....indoor were the little boats and there was a rinker...a 270 or thereabouts show price 189 ...it was a newer layout than mine...thats where the blow your mind shows are...it would have taken a couple of days. The super yachts were by appointment..can't imagine why they did not want 40000 people with no money climbing all over them!