A/C Condesate sump Pump on 340 FV

I recently purchased a 2001 340 cruiser and just about have located everything except the Air Conditioner condesate sump pump! I am pretty sure it has one because I can sometimes hear come on!

Any ideas where this would be located? I have noticed that the drain line goes down under the main floor!

Thanks,

Mike

Comments

• rmrstlmormrstlmo Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    I have a 2000 340 FV and mine is under the mid-berth.  The shower also drains to it.  Looks like the attached link.

http://www.amazon.com/attwood-4143-4-Attwood-Shower-Sump/dp/B001O0DECQ

Ray

2006 390

Previous 2000 340

• BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    edited September 2013
    Looks like this image

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
    RinkerYan said:
    Follow the drain line out of the AC unit. I have a 2003 and the condensate goes right out of a thru hull fitting below the V birth which is where the AC unit is.
    The water collects in the shower sump then is sent to the hull outlet that the mid cabin bilge uses

RinkerYan said:
    My shower sump pump only collects the shower water. AC drain goes straight out. I thought it drained in to the bilge. Not.
    Mine does now but originally it went to the shower sump the float awitch kept going out so I re-plumbed it

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    My 2002 342FV the A/C stright out and does not go to the shower sump.......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • arrowestarrowest Member Posts: 20 ✭✭

Well......draining into the bildge makes sense but? One of the thru hull fittings outside had a rust line on it like the pan of the a/c! And, the drian hose is not draining and I tried pushing a drain auger thru it and it willl only go so far! I pulled on the hose and it will not come out of bilge area!

Now whay do I do???????? Grrrrrr

RinkerYan said:
    Follow the drain line out of the AC unit. I have a 2003 and the condensate goes right out of a thru hull fitting below the V birth which is where the AC unit is.
    My A/C is on the Port side at the foot of the aft bed!
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only so many places to hide a condensate pump.  Do you know what thru hull it pumps out?  Start there for a blockage.  Seems logical the pump would be under the aft bunk area. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI

Well....................Problem solved! Not sure if it was an original Rinker problem or second or first owner buttttttttt! The pump box where the hose leads into was never punched out for the water to run into! So it was just backing back up into the drain pain below the A/C!

Works like a charm now!!!!!!!!

Thank you for all the suggetions!