help identifying 2002 rinker 232 captiva gauges

Hi everyone!

Anyone  can tell me which brand/model are these gauges (the ones with the golden profile around)?

Thanks

Comments

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum!  Rinker used Faria gauges for most of the boats.  Is there a specific problem you're having?  
  • Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 529 ✭✭✭
    My 2003 with gauges that look identical were Teleflex. Only place I’ve seen them is used on ebay
  • psousapsousa Member Posts: 3
    LaRea said:
    Welcome to the forum!  Rinker used Faria gauges for most of the boats.  Is there a specific problem you're having?  
    Well, I was doing a quick search and saw no introduction topics but, here I go: long time on sailing boats, I'm now jumping into these small engine boats scene again. I still keep my lovely (to me) 47 foot sailing boat, but I had put an offer on this 232 because the business looks acceptable to me. The mechanic of my Yanmar engines (main and genset) told me about this wealthy guy and the tries he makes every year to do the engine maintenance in order to use the boat on the summer and, at the end, he have no time (or the right will). Actually he didn't bought her but instead got her as part of a business payment, so maybe that's why he don't really make it happens! So I made an offer which considers the bad aesthetics but with a requirement: the engine must be as good as they say. He accepted the offer so I end up here: looking forward to take ownership of a boat with care and use (not!) completely out of my standards. Let's see If I don't regret :smiley:

I still need to do the sea trial, but if everything is ok with the engine related things (mechanic/electric/electronics), I'll keep her and start a refit to try to bring her close to my standards. I would like to start from the dashboard and, despite the business it's not closed yet, I was curious and start searching how to bring life to that plastic as I couldn't find any replacement on the market. I've read already about some dash refits, here on this forum. The gauges and switches will be probably replaced. Either I find a tachometer and a trim gauge (which currently don't match the originals as they were replaced somewhere in time) and eventually others which I'm expecting not to work properly or at all, or I'll change all of them to make them match.

I know this is not going to be easy. I've owned a Maxum 1900 SC long time ago and I know how hard is to find some parts used on these boats here in Europe. Curiously not even in the US for this 232 captiva model. For instance greatlakesskipper.com, which seems to have a lot of things to other models, doesn't have that much for 232 captiva. I'm talking specifically about  the ignition dash and gauge dash. Wondering why....
  • psousapsousa Member Posts: 3
    LaRea said:
    I saw them on on greatlakesskipper.com. It's a replacement option, yes!
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since it’s a 2002 model, first thing to do is determine if the motor is Smartcraft capable. If so, go digital! You won’t regret it. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree smart craft is the way to go 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    Welcome to the forum!  You actually got a great year as far as Smartcraft capable.  It was started in 2001 and fully capable in the 2002 models.  Definitely worth connecting up to for more reliable digital information instead of or along with the analog gauges.  If you do buy the boat, start a new topic here to show progress as you go along.  It's always interesting to see the changes people make.  I'd like to see the pics of the sailboat as well. 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express