2023 Launch

YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
I’m scheduled for April 14! Stoked to splash so early. 
2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
Post edited by raybo3 on

Comments

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a boat hook to fend off the ice floes.  ;-D  
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Climate change has taken care of the ice problem. The bigger issue is that the water level on Georgian Bay is down almost 2 feet vs last year.  :#
  • GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the level has bottomed out should rise about 1-1/2 ft by summer

R Graphics Output (army.mil)
    Are you going to use your Rinker until you get your new boat @Grahamu ??
  • GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭
    @YYZRC, We have a slip at Lefroy until May 31, if it's not sold by then I will have it trucked to Port Credit. Hoping to launch around April 15 so we can prep the boat for viewing. If all goes well we take possession of the new boat Jul 15 in Orillia and bring it to Lefroy and hopefully get ready for the Loop by Aug 15. We are going to Norfolk for the AGLCA conference May 01 to May 04 and then catch up with the new boat and do our visuals which is part of the purchase agreement.
    She's in and barely a hitch. The only issue was the water pump - I replaced the impellers over the winter and I guess I wound the vanes the wrong way. Belt was slipping on the pulley. Quick fix with the vice grips and all good.

Here's to a great season!
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck all-
  • kordokordo Member Posts: 229 ✭✭
    YYZRC, I'm surprised to hear you had a problem with your impellor vanes.  Was it the impellors or the belt?  I've read that impellor vanes will sort themselves out after a few revolutions so direction is not important.  I've been boating since 2006 and never had a problem with impellors.  
    @kordo perhaps if the belt was tighter, it would have been able to orient the vanes on its own. I didn't give it any time as I didn't want to destroy the belt. This was the third set of impellers that I've replaced and I never encountered this issue before (and it is unlikely that I got the vane direction right 5/6 times).

Saying all that, I have been replacing impellers every other year but I'm going to go every 3 years now. The old ones were in great shape.
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started tracking my impeller replacements in 2016.  My cue to replace is the first time I come down off plane and get a beep alarm for high temperature.  The numbers are steady:  24 months to replace the impeller and wear plates.  
    I guess I should asterisk with about 40 hours per season of run time, raw water cooled and fresh water boating. OEM Merc pumps. 

I have never had a high temp alarm. 
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    For years, I would replace impellor every other year.  Then I had one that was completely roasted.  I have no idea how it didn't cause a problem.  Ever since then, I replace every year. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    I've seen and replaced other people's impellers way too many times after pieces went everywhere.  For me, every 24 months, in early spring (before first start up, so really late winter) is when my get changed.  2 winters of sitting is what destroys them, not the amount of time on the motors.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

This discussion has been closed.