Options

Mercruiser Alignment Tool

alex8q4alex8q4 Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
I have been looking for an alignment tool for my Bravo 3’s, specifically for one available in Canada.

Does anyone have experience with any of the aftermarket tools available on Amazon?  That seems to be the only place to find a reasonable price on an aftermarket tool.

I’m open to all comments and experiences.

Thanks,

2006 342FV - Ontario

Comments

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a pretty simple tool. I’m sure Amazon would be fine. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    I thought so also, but a fair number or reviews mentioned that the tool was not machined properly and wouldn’t fit through the bearing.   If I don’t hear of a better option I’ll go ahead and order it.
    2006 342FV - Ontario
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got the cheap eBay version along with the bearing install driver that slides onto/locks onto it.  Works fine for my bravo 2 and alpha ones 

Also have the cheap gimbal bearing removal tool.

Mine fits the bearing ID and splined coupling without issue.  

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check Kijiji to see if someone is renting the tools. There was someone in the GTA offering all the tools for rent for $75 for a week or so.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    YYZRC said:
    Check Kijiji to see if someone is renting the tools. There was someone in the GTA offering all the tools for rent for $75 for a week or so.
    Oh I have see those ads, and they taunt me!  Lol, that’s because I live 3 hours north of the GTA.  
    2006 342FV - Ontario
  • Options
    I've got the cheap eBay version along with the bearing install driver that slides onto/locks onto it.  Works fine for my bravo 2 and alpha ones 

Also have the cheap gimbal bearing removal tool.

Mine fits the bearing ID and splined coupling without issue.  

I have seen these kits and they look pretty good.  My only apprehension with this option is that I can only find sellers offering deliveries out of the USA.  It’s not the end of the world, but we often get hit with big import / customs fees.   

If you are Canadian I’d like to hear how your deal panned out. 
    2006 342FV - Ontario
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a hockey fan but not Canadian.  I ship parts to you Canucks a good bit via UPS ground....and it's near double shipping to the lower 48.   Do you guys get Amazon shipping any cheaper? 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPS is the absolute worst way to ship to Canada as they impose an arbitrary "import brokerage fee" regardless of the value of the order. I've seen it be $15 for a $10 item..... Amazon is good, but has to be available through the Canadian Amazon site in which case they ship from Amazon.com to a warehouse in Canada and delivered by Amazon.ca. If ordering directly from Amazon.com then in US dollars and can be higher shipping.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    I ended up purchasing the sierra tool from the local dealer.  It was a bit more than I wanted to spend, but hey it’s for the boat.  It’s supposed to be expensive.  Lol
    2006 342FV - Ontario