Options

270 Waste Tank and Fuel Vent Through Hull Size

JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
Has anyone replaced their through hull fittings on their 270 and know what size they are.  How difficult of a project is it?

All the other fittings on the boat are stainless but these are plastic.  They are starting to break down and look like crap.
"Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those would not be made by rinker...get to work on google!
  • Options
    Thanks, that’s what I plan on doing.  I thought someone might have already done the job and could save me some time on the google machine.
  • Options
    stuckmotostuckmoto Member Posts: 13
    I did the waste tank vent(screened) a couple seasons ago. I want to say 3/4" but don't quote me. It's pretty easy job. I did a second bilge pump(lower pickup) and put a 1" discharge fitting on the starboard side so I could see from the helm if the bilge was discharging. Not sure why Rinker placed the original on the port side.
    2003 270FV 350mag/B3
  • Options
    Thanks @stuckmoto, that is a great idea with the bilge outlet.  It is a pain to have it on the port side.
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Replaced my waste tank vent couple year ago with a Sea~Dog stainless unit. Really nice piece. Finishes off nice on the exterior.
    1” hole, 5/8” vent line. Has two downward screened vents. Howls good during a pumpout.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    Thanks @mattie, I will check into this.