Options

Rinker Salvage yards?

Hello All,

I'm at a loss and could really use this community's knowledge...

I've spent two years looking for a starboard side air intake cover for my 2012 216 BR.  This unit was clipped by a dock while docking in high waves...the fibreglass cover fell into 40 ft of water with strong currents at the mouth of a river, and we could never find it. 

I'm wondering two things:

1) does anyone know of boat salvage yards that may have salvaged parts from a 2012 216 BR?

2) are there any other thoughts about how to fix this?  perhaps fabricating one? if so, who does this kind of work?  

Pictures below of the existing Port side cover and missing starboard vent... Would appreciate any leads.

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your best bet is
     https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/. Might have something. A good fibreglass fab shop could build one, but it won't be cheap. There usually are not any brand specific salvage yards.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd try to come up with something that looks good and then do both sides. Now what that would be I have no clue but ya have to be creative sometimes. I do get wanting to keep it original. Seems like the boat junkyards are the side yards of homes across the world! I've never found anything here in florida. I think they go from the side yard to the landfill. 
  • Options
    rmrstlmormrstlmo Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    The salvage yard linked below has 100's of boats.  No idea if they have what you're looking for.
    https://www.marinerepairshop.com/salvage_500_boats

Ray

2006 390

Previous 2000 340

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lanier marine liquidators just north of Atlanta has a huge junk yard of salvage boats.  Much like automobiles, there are very few brand specific salvage yards.  

As far as I know, they ship.   I've been there once and I could spend weeks picking through that yard.    I went for a specific part and one of their guys took me for a tour of the yard.  Very friendly guys, or at least very friendly when you've handed them a few boat bucks and are waiting for your parts to be pulled. 
  • Options
    GrimmBeaverGrimmBeaver Member Posts: 6
    I know there aren't many specific brand salvage yards, but I am just hoping that some may have visited and noticed rinkers in the lot.  Thanks for the suggestions.
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    try try kings marine Verplanck  New York