Options

Heads

The extract in the picture is from the survey that I had done before I bought my FV 250.
It says that the macerator pump has been removed. Looking at the holding tank, where should it be?
Also, the holding tank outlet hose is missing. I can see where it should be attached on the pipe with the seacock, but where does the other end go to?
I'm not familiar with boat loo set up's and I don't want to get caught short!

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    The macerator fits between the holding tank outlet and the thru hull. Unless you are 3 miles or more off shore you don't want to use this feature as it's a Federal offenses and we don't want to swim in your poo.  There is more than one grade of marine grade holding tank hose.  Cheap stuff smells after a season or two, good stuff will not.   

That being said I put a Tee with a garden hose adapter between my macerator and the thru hull so I can pump out into the RV dump station every time I pull my boat out for the week.  I launch at an army corps camp ground, our tax dollars being put to good use.  We don't have many pump stations here but plenty of camp grounds with dump stations. 

Each fall I wash my holding tank out really well with dish soap and drain it into the septic tank at home using that same Tee. 

Don't forget your holding tank breather filter while you're in there.  If it's not dated as being new this season, change it or get ready for a not so nice smell the first time you flush.  Also replace the joker valve. 

If you're not familiar with a boat loo I'll give you a tip.  If it's not boat/RV toilet paper (very sparingly I might add) or natural human waste that comes out from below your waist it doesn't go into the toilet.  No feminine products and no baby wipes, no exceptions.  This needs to be explained very clearly to any boat visitors and family or else you'll get to see exactly what they flushed.  I tell my guests spitting is not allowed in the toilet.   If you gotta puke, lean over the side of the boat.  The toilet is for numbers one and two only, also use the tp like there's a COVID lockdown shortage on it.    

I've not had much issues with the Scotts brand, chafes my a$$ less than the RV stuff.  

Post edited by raybo3 on
  • Options
    TickledPinkTickledPink Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    Brilliantly explained @PickleRick. Thank you for making me chuckle 🤣