2023 Chesapeake Rinkervous

Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
Well, as I was reminded (thanks @Cableguy Greg (maybe you are coming?)), it is beyond that time to discuss this year's upcoming Rinkervous.  Hard to believe it is year number 17 since I started this thing in 2006!  It certainly has been a lot of fun!

For those that don't know, we give hints during the Rinkvervous each year for what the next year will be.  Last year we had small little bells for everyone to ring during the wedding ceremony (yes, we had a wedding at last year's Rinkervous!)  Those bells were a hint to the theme of Christmas in July this year!

July 14-16 will be the 17th Chesapeake Rinkervous.   Location still the same... just type 39.327710, -76.142037 into Google.  We back up to a sandy beach in fresh water.  The entire area is very sandy and the back of the boats at low tide is about 3-4 feet deep. 

We always have some great competition with the best decorated boat.  I'm sure most of you have put away all those Christmas decorations!  Time to get them back out!  We actually had Christmas as a theme for year number 10.  It was really special and I can only imagine how special this year will be.  

My speech again to those that always thought about making it but hadn't, anyone new that has showed said they wouldn't miss it again.  We will have the music that plays across all the boats (yes, even some Christmas music).  Cordless microphones to use during all of the fun activities and events and giveaways. 

Hoping to see lots of families come out as well.  The admiral always likes having activities for all the little ones (& big ones too!). 

Oh, and we have a special guest coming back this year (with no boat, but that is ok).  Hint, he can help me DJ all the music!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    I'll bring this back up to the top for those that may be interested.  Got lots of great plans for the event again this year.  Every year is special, but there are a few surprises that will make this one memorable.

Any newbies thinking of coming?  I know of one or two myself that are new and will be coming.  I'm still trying to hook something special for Friday night as well, but not sure yet.

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately La Rea won't be able to make it.  But I am expecting to hear some stories and see some entertaining video!
    Just got notification that my new cow prop will be in Thursday by 8pm!  They covered the cost difference from 4 day to 2 day since it didn't get out until today.  I'm a happy man that the boat will run SO MUCH better for this trip!  We always load up the boat and fuel, so this makes me feel at ease!  I'll get them on either Thursday night or Friday morning.

• Stoni2Stoni2 Member Posts: 4
    Equilibrium will be there. Can't wait for the weekend! Dream Inn, thanks for hosting again this year.
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put it out on the Rinker Owners Facebook pages, so hopefully it will spark some interest there. Wish we could be there. My wife will be in Pittsburgh this weekend but I will be back in Illinois. Now that you pushed it a week, it might be easier for us next year. Say hello to everyone for me. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!

• J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha ha at that last pic! 

Looks like a fun time! Nice!
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you had a great turnout and it was a great time!!!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!