Options

Rinker 280 Sold and gone 😔 NEW BOAT! 😁

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see the interior..what an awesome boat, congrats!
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    Like Ras said, I'd love to see more pictures of your new boat!   Rinker or not, we all appreciate a great boat! 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a video from prior to us purchasing I can upload. We'll be back to the boat this weekend and I can get some photos of the slow progress of "moving" in 😂
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    I took this video the last time I saw the boat before pursuing an offer. Just a quick video so I could go back and see stuff as we were negotiating. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dwpCjknS6wyYwjA5A

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice @Aqua_Aura !
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    The boat is so messy in that video. We are getting it into proper shape though. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    edited January 9
    I'll post all my photos here so I don't fill the " what did you do to your boat today" thread. 

Today we decided to just completely remove everything from the V berth and do the job all at once rather than doing the headliner after the walls. I also replaced 5 of the 15 blue indicator lights on the switch panel. This photo shows the 4 new ones on the left and the 2 old blueish ones on the right. 

I have about 8 more blues ones to do then 6 red and 4 yellow. 

Headliner removal

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭
    Need to replace the switch covers now.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Very cool- outside pics too!
    👏 
  • Options
    Yep switches will get done and new switch panels. The list keeps growing. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Don't recall seeing but awesome!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    Aqua_Aura said:
    I'll post all my photos here so I don't fill the " what did you do to your boat today" thread. 
    Agreed, let's not dilute the Rinker threads with us jabbering on about non-Rinker boats!  
  • Options
    In our defense @PickleRick post Bayliner stuff and all his vehicle stuff 😂

It's all welcome though! 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Maybe we should have a separate category here for the non-Rinkers.  @raybo3
    Thoughts?  I'm sure, like most of us, we are interested in all boats and want to continue seeing all the fun mods that non-Rinker owners are doing.  Honestly, it doesn't bother me where the posts are, I like seeing them & I just go thru all the new posts daily (without paying attention to which category they are under).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    FormulabenFormulaben Confirm Email, Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    edited January 11
    Aqua_Aura said:
    The list keeps growing. 
    Affirmative...my list is stupid long!  

But despite bloody knuckles and occasional f-bombs, it's STILL a lot of fun, and you'll never know your boat as well as you do when you're the one working on it.
    Post edited by Formulaben on
    2006 Fiesta Vee 270
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    @Dream_Inn New category has been added. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    The first package of boat parts arrived over a week late finally.  Now I am still waiting for the vinyl from sail rite which is also well over a week late. Hopefully this will all get installed next week when we are back at the boat and I can get some pictures of the room back together. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options

Photos above are the walls done now we need to work on the headliner the next few days. 

This is the photo before we started today

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you come down from the glue fumes yet?
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Probably good now although I'm a little dumber than when I started 😂
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    Was it hard trimming around the windows?  Guessing you remove the inner trim ring and reinstall it over the vinyl?  It looks better than new.
  • Options
    edited February 1
    Removed the trim ring and then put it back over so it made a perfect fit. It is such a major improvement over what was there. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really nice upgrades, pvc looks awesome!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    edited February 2
    Put in a new faucet, I had about an 8x5 hole under the stairs to access the connections. This option is fine but kinda cheap plastic. Very limited options for this exact style with the diverter. 

Old faucet 🤢

Starboard closet is finished. 

Post edited by Aqua_Aura on
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome @Aqua_Aura it’s going to look and smell like a new boat!⚓️

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Making slow progress. We took the boat out yesterday and tested the "new" radar and that works. The upper helm steering wasn't working which I knew and I got that fixed today with more fluid and pressurized the system. Put on new wipers and got the old boat name off the boat, still waiting to put the new one on. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    edited March 9
    Got real intimate with the vacuuflush system, luckily the access is very good. I replaced the bills on the master room head but it still was not pulling vacuum and then I noticed the diaphragm switch was leaking so I took it off and the diaphragm was completely disintegrated so I ordered a new one. 

While I was down there I found where the air leak is on the guest head so I can now fix that. There is an elbow PVC fitting I can hear pulling air in so that's a quick fix. 

I think I'm a pro now in these toilet systems. 

I also buffed out all the random marks from the previous owners shoes and dirty hands touching the fiberglass. The engine room door looked faded and marked up but it polished up no problem. 

Got most of the headliner done just need to do that front portion where the hatch is. You really notice the little bumps and imperfections in the photo but otherwise it looks really good live and in person 😁We are resolving a small leak which we found the root cause of today in the hatch. Someone put the hatch trim screw about a mm to far and poked out of the gel coat. 

Post edited by Aqua_Aura on
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 211 ✭✭
    what a difference
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho