Options

Corian Revamp

Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
The olive oil method looks to be a great quick and easy update to do periodically. If you wanted something more permanent I wanted to post my findings.

I’ve posted before that the PO was using a knife on the Corian and left scratches:

So as I’ve posted elsewhere last winter I sanded them with 220,320,400,800,1000,1500,2000 and 3000. Then polished with a good compound. Scratch free and nice…. But not as dark and glossy as before and after the wax wore off they were lighter. I would use a countertop cleaner from menards that has mineral oil in it every week to darken and bring back shine…. But that lasted a week.

so this winter i went looking for a sealer that would enhance, darken and shine Corian and found diamond stoneworks color enhancer. Talked to the manufacturer and they agreed it should work for my need and it did. One small $11.00 bottle gave me two coats and I’ve got half a bottle left. After weeks they have the same rich color and shine as they did before and water beads off.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01J4PRM7A?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

anyway if you’re willing to do some up front sanding and polishing work, this will get you back to like new more permanently. I figure I’ll need to re coat every 3-4 years. 

It does leave a slight film which wipes off with a clean rag. I did a coat, let sit for 10 min and wiped off film. Waited and hour and did that again. 

07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

Comments

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks better, what words have you quietly said about the PO ? 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Ha, several choice words! He did a good job with overall maintenance and upgrades so I wonder if it was a dummy friend he brought aboard. My buddy had a brand new wood table made for his SR 34 and a land lubber from home cut a sub sandwich in half directly on it weeks later. Huge scratches, had to be re done. 

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Liberty44140 looks great.
    The olive oil I would recommend for just faded corian, for the scratches that you had defiantly need to sand and polish.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Thanks Aero! This would work great if you didn’t want to keep oiling the oxidized Corian. Sanding steps, then polish and then seal and the oxidation would be gone and it would be like new for years to come. The sealer I posted is indoor/outdoor. But yea you’d need to sand down that oxidation which would be like sanding out the scratches….