Options

Tuna

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
Tried to find the cooking thread..my son in law dropped of about a 3 lb junk of tuna loin...yellow fin...how the heck do I cook it! He is in a big tournament right now..some were 50 lbs...

Comments

• Options
    Rich_Rich_ Member Posts: 138 ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Teriyaki on the grill has always been an easy go to.
    Can do it as cajun seasoning on a sandwich (usually chunks so they get a little more cajun on more surface)
    Simple grilled with very little butter, on a Hawaiian roll with lettuce, tomato, and wasabi mayo.
    Blackened is a solid go to as well.
    To me personally, RARE. your results may vary.
    2002 180      Eastern LI, NY
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sushi!!!! 😆
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Don't know how many he caught..there was a pile of them. He does off shore all the time. 
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make the best tacos you've ever had.  The picco and fresh guacamole are as important as the tuna. 

I also go on the grill. Flip like you would a rare steak.  Just warm on the inside.  

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with Pickle, best taco's, just fry like any other fish. Or just give it to me. Blackened, Cajun, hard to mess up tuna unless you over cook it. Grilled, sashimi, google it. Your wife does not cook? just give it to me.  Tuna steaks are the bomb, or give it to me. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny you say that @randy56 . YEARS ago I bought a nice piece of tuna and grilled it on the boat for my girlfriend (my now wife) and myself. Let’s say I left it on too long (way too long!). I ended up tossing it overboard, luckily I had some burgers too! 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
  • Options
    Thata a junk of tuna...cut up into one ince steaks, did a marinade and fixing to toss it on the grille...
  • Options
    Yes
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    aero3113 said:
    Funny you say that @randy56 . YEARS ago I bought a nice piece of tuna and grilled it on the boat for my girlfriend (my now wife) and myself. Let’s say I left it on too long (way too long!). I ended up tossing it overboard, luckily I had some burgers too! 
    You were not thinking about what was on the  grill!
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LoL! 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Yum time...and I sampled..
  • Options
    Omg that was good...nothing I would ever have ordered in a restaurant as I dis not think I would have liked tuna like that...did a very simple marinade as I don't like to over power what I'm eating...this was really good 

• Options
    edited May 2023
    And no one else liked it! It has to be a real mild fish for the rest of the family like cod, tilapia or grouper which I have been trying as of late fried- coming off the grill it has the grill taste which to me was awesome. I'm afraid I might have to find a new family...
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry that fish requires a raw inside and seared outside...I like peppercorn crust myself.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    I did let it cook longer than I knew I should have as to cook anything on the grille, I get confused between what her food looks like and tge charcoal- I had some at the grille that was just incredible to me- but she would not have liked...if my son-in-law where to bring me more can I freeze it? I could cook a steak at a time that I could enjoy...
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    Never ever eat Tilapia.   Look up Tilapia farm on Youtube, you'll never eat it again hahaha
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Rich_Rich_ Member Posts: 138 ✭✭
    Can freeze. Vacuum bag if possible. Not quite the same experience as fresh, but passable 
    2002 180      Eastern LI, NY
  • Options
    Lake_Bum said:
    Never ever eat Tilapia.   Look up Tilapia farm on Youtube, you'll never eat it again hahaha
    I saw that..but is it worse than any other fish that is farm raised?
  • Options
    If you use a large 1 gallon freezer bag then put your fish fill with water above the fish then freeze. If you do not have a vacuum packer. 
    Boat Name :