Options

Rinda technologies marine scan tool?

oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 739 ✭✭✭
I want to buy my own marine code reader tool and I am wonder if anyone has experiencies using any of the code reader from Rinda Technologies or their Diacom marine pc softwares or any other marine code reader available in the market today. Thx  

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @oscar1 , I have the Rinda Tech Mate Pro . Very nice unit and easy to use.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    My mechanic used the Rinda TechMate Pro (https://www.rinda.com/rindashop/shop/techmate-pro/techmate-pro-94070m) after trying to read and clear the codes with a different - more expensive - device.

He really likes the Rinda, and after watching him work with it, it looks pretty easy to use.

It looks like Rinda has them back in stock. I was thinking about getting one.
  • Options
    I was looking to get the Diacom with the CD software, But I can not find a laptop with a cd/dvd reader in any of my local stores. My mechanic aka friend told me that the software (Diacom) has more information and it is very closed to his mercury tech dealer software. 
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you checked to see if they have a download option for purchase? 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    I have the techmate and prefer it over the laptop. I keep it on the boat and it is ready in 5 sec when I need it. Can't imagine how dirty a laptop would get.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    I have seen both of these and the Diacom gives you more info all on one page. For me having the  info on a larger screen and more information visible at one time is a plus.
    The Diacom works with several windows versions so maybe you could use an older laptop that has been wiped clean and just run this software.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much we talking here? I had a car problem with a cam sensor no one could seem to figure out- I bought a $45 code reader at Wal-Mart and found it easily. Little hand held device that plugged in and it would pull codes and show an est repair cost of the code!
  • Options
    Both of these are made by Rhinda, they run about $700 each. The technology is way different than one that you would use on your car.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a $100 laptop off Newegg to use Forscan on my truck. My plan is to use the laptop for the Rhinda software as well. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    I called them today, and they have a download version from their website, But I would lost some info for some volvo engine. The prices is around $800 because I need extra connector for my catalyst emission engine . I am going to buy an external cd/dvd reader from amazon which it can be connect to any laptop using usb port. 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,554 mod
    I bought a $100 laptop off Newegg to use Forscan on my truck. My plan is to use the laptop for the Rhinda software as well. 
    Hope it's not the infamous Tibuta W100 Windows tablet ... I got suckered into buying one of those.  
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    Hope it's not the infamous Tibuta W100 Windows tablet ... I got suckered into buying one of those.  
    No. It’s a rebuilt Dell. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    I keep telling myself I should have this software but haven't pulled the trigger on it just yet. If it were $400 I would have it but at $800 it makes me continue to ponder it that is until I need it on a Sunday afternoon in the middle of summer!
  • Options
    tricountytrailtricountytrail Member Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Personally really like the software, there is a learning curve but very useful for troubleshooting problems once figured out.

• Options
    I just order the external cd/dvd drive from amazon. I am going to use it first with any other cd prior to order the Diacom software.
  • Options
    My new tool for the boat.
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    @oscar1 - Let us know how it works!
  • Options
    Yes, please let us know how it works. I have a laptop for that tool, but never made the purchase since I moved from Pittsburgh and my boating friends. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    I have to used it yesterday to troubleshooting the starboard engine and yes,  You will get a lot of information from the engine, but i have to continue learning all the perimeter range for my engine to better understand it. Like engine manifold temperature range or fuel injector misfire % to get a better use of the program. I was very please to be able to read  any active fault code, plus cleaning any fault code from the engine ECM.
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    I purchased the 555scan tool we spoke of before and found it helpful to diagnose plus pull out hours at RPM ranges.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oscar, was that supposed to be new toy or tool? We all like to tinker...
  • Options
    edited July 2023