Trim switch power (resolved)

Panda54Panda54 Member Posts: 7
edited May 2023 in Electrical Discussions
Issue resolved. Poor connection with the green and blue wires within the plug to the pump. Removed the plug and all works great. 

**edit: further research and it seems I was measuring current wrong. I will try again tomorrow to verify power is going from the switch to the assembly.**

I’ve searched all over but have not found anything like my problem. 

My trim stopped working all together. I’ve followed the manual step by step checking the pump and the solenoids. All work with direct power. The power line to the pump has power. 

I went to the switch wires. There is a red, purple, green, and blue. Red is power and is holding 12v. Assuming purple is ground, blue is up and green is down. When I activate the switch, the voltage drops to 0. Thought maybe it’s a switch issue. Tried a jump wire between the power and the up/down wires. Still no luck. Power in drops to 0 volts. 

Thinking maybe the trim limit switch is an issue so I bypassed it, connecting the two wires (blue and purple) inside the boat. System showed 12v until I hit the switch and again back to 0. 

Any thoughts? Are there any connectors between the switch and the pump assembly that may be hidden? Maybe need a rewire?
Post edited by Panda54 on

Comments

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Yes, there is...that pig tail from the pump has a connector buried in the loom. Went through the same thing. My switch in the handle at the helm was also bad and once I fixed that thought I was good- but still did not worked..ran with direct power like you found. So, just have you have figured out must be another connector. Mine was in the loom right at the tank- super corroded.  Pull that apart and I'm sure yours is the same.