Options

1992 Rinker Fiesta Vee 300 - Friend looking

TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭
My buddy is going to take a look at this boat on Monday. I'm going to tag along, but any opinions off the top of your heads based on the pics and description? Price within range, etc? I am giving the seller credit for including the engine room. :smile:

1992 Rinker fiesta vee 300 - Boats - Chicago, Illinois | Facebook Marketplace | Facebook

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
    Interesting setup for HVAC.  Some kind of evaporation cooler?  I'm guessing you can't really sleep in the V-berth.  Overall condition looks pretty good.
  • Options
    I noticed that also. A few people around here have adapted portable a/c units for use in the cabin. Vent out through a porthole. It will be interesting to see how much space it takes up. Still waiting from the seller for a time tomorrow to take a look.
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $27k seems like a lot of money for the era. Are boat prices still that strong? I would think you could get into an early 2000s 270 for that money. Smaller boat but with that AC setup the vee is useless anyway. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    rmfridayrmfriday Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    looks good but maybe a tad overpriced...
    my buddy has the same boat but he has Bravo 2's and a genny, not sure i would want Alpha's on that size boat and i dont see a genset...
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    @rmfriday - Thanks. Agree about the price. It would be my friend's first boat, so he's not too concerned about power and/or speed. His wife wants to putt-putt and do some marina-to-marina overnights. Not looking for a go-fast. Just something reliable. As for genset - no one uses them in our area so they waste away from lack of use and maintenance. So in this case, good that there is not one. We're now looking at it on Wednesday.
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    The alpha probably isn't bad with small blocks if you use them conservatively.  Ie don't speed over waves or hammer the throttles.  Searay paired the alpha's with big blocks,   they survived fine within the putt-putt owners.

A complete SEI alpha 1 outdrive is  @1700 new with no questions asked warranty. Hit a log and get a new drive.

You can't get a bravo opened and pee'd on for under 2k