Options

2008 Rinker 330 EC Vacuflush toilet vacuum generator turns on frequently

The issue is that the J series vacuum generator is coming on every two minutes and runs for 30 secs then stops then runs again. I have tightened all clamps. I have replace all duck bills and piston. Ensured all o’rings are good and sealing. I tried adjusting the vacuum switch but still nothing. 
I am at a lose as to what to do next. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does your bowl hold water? If not, have you replaced the seal at the bowl/base? This will cause the pump to run. Remove the clamp to separate the two and you will see the seal.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭
    @Bmaggiac

As aero said above. Check the bowl first.
    Also YouTube has some good vids. AquaStar Distribution makes some good Vacuflush repair vids.

https://youtu.be/A_hs18-lzVQ take a look thru their YouTube playlists.

Also - ??? is there an off chance that someone flushed a wipe or something gross that is stuck in the duckbills or bellows since you repaired?

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    If it is not leaking at the bowl, put your ear near the foot pedal and listen for a hiss.  I had the rod that is connected to the pedal and ball need replacing.  It has two O-rings on it that can leak.  The seal around the switch that turns the pump on/off?  I've also seen the seal around the actual vacuflush box leak.  Dare I go on?  I've changed every single piece on that vacuflush! :smile:

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    johnny44johnny44 Confirm Email, Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    Last year my vacuflush would hold pressure for an hour or so and then the pump would kick on. I changed what seemed like every o-ring and seal possible on that vacuflush last summer. Still wouldn't hold. I finally gave up and installed a new vacuflush head this spring. Money spent, but problem solved. (Actually, the money I spent changing out all of the parts last year was almost as much as a new head!)
    2008 350 EC -- Greenwich Bay, Rhode Island
  • Options
    echandler1971echandler1971 Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    The costliest part of me having to replace the gaskets in our vaccuflush was the PTSD therapy afterwards.

I had the same problem and replaced gaskets (and other parts since the toilet was apart)

Here are the notes I took when taking it apart so I learn from my mistakes:
    Replaced: gaskets, flush ball, water valve
    Gasket - thin flimsy down first and then thick
    Toilet clamp needs to be be racheted down good with socket to form good seal
    Ball held with 1 phillips screw
    Make sure flush pedal goes first, then spring, then valve (hopefully it makes sense when you need it, cuz I don't know what I meant by that)
    In my case, the brass pin and spring supplied with the kit just didn't work - had to use original parts which was fine

Dan of Steel
    '05 Rinker 360 Fiesta Vee
  • Options
    BmaggiacBmaggiac Member Posts: 19
    thanks for the good feedback!!  
    The bowl holds water but I replaced the seal anyway. 
    Tore apart the vacuum generator and replace all seals as well as put silicone grease to ensure seal.
    I even replaced the vacuum switch on the vacuum generator.
    Not sure what to try next.