Options

Refrigerator not working

John41John41 Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
I have a 2004 342. When I went to the boat today I noticed that my refrigerator inside the cabin was not working. My breaker was on and the light to the refrigerator came on when I opened the door. 

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thermostat turned down or maybe it's losing contact? Rotate it several times and see if it comes on...next your checking for power..
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John there are two fuses on the back of the cabin fridge. If you search the site here there are more details.
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    John41John41 Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Thank you… I did turn the on and off switch a few times but still nothing. I do hear it running but it’s not getting cold. I will try to pull it out to check the fuses in the back.
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both the compressor and fan need to run for it to be cold. You’ll feel the compressor running and warm, and then the fan should be blowing on it. As I recall the two fuses on the back are in different spots. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    FormulabenFormulaben Confirm Email, Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    On a previous fridge that I owned the brass shaft on the fan had gummed up with dust and basically couldn't turn.  I put some WD-40 on the fan shaft and got it to turn.  I eventually got it completely clean and then it ran like a champ.
    2006 Fiesta Vee 270