Options

New Canvas

Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was able to successfully spoof the Ameritex system. I know that others have tried with little success, but I got what I needed from them and TJ. TJ was able to provide me with a new Bimini top, camper top, camper top side curtains and a cockpit cover. I had an issue with the camper top where the previous owner of the boat had some zippers replaced and they reversed one of them on the camper top to arch connector. Thinking I was dead in the water, I figured I would give Ameritex a try. I had the part numbers, so I asked for a quote on the part using a date code from 2013. They responded with a price and I was able to order the part. It came in 10 days later, I installed it and it fit. I still needed a Bimini connector, Bimini side curtains and the camper aft curtain. Since I had good luck the first time, I figured why not try again. I got the quote and I paid for the order. Sure enough, 10 days later, canvas at my door. I just installed the connector and Bimini side curtains with some, but not all of the snaps. The fitment was great. I need to stretch a couple of snaps about 1/4 inch, and I will do that tomorrow after the top sits in 90*+ weather tomorrow. I will say that if someone doesn't have the part numbers, the RnR route is an option as is a custom top. All of the shops around me are almost a year out and my camper top was toast. It had a small hole that was starting to get bigger, which made the top useless while underway. I am happy with what I got. I know others have had issues with Ameritex, but I didn't. Who knows, maybe those that had fitment issues had a wrong part number. I know that on the FV250 there were about 30 different part numbers because if the different variations of the boat. I guess I got lucky. 
2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
Go Steelers!!!